Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

Whitbread

He''s not a worldbeater but it seems he''s been missed! The middle period of the season, when Whitbread and Ayala played, was when we had the tightest defense.

Bennett will be quality, given time. Whitbread and Ayala also have the quality. Barnett and Ward don''t IMO. Russell Martin should only be a backup RB or CB...

Whitbread and Ayala were our best pairing and looked very comfortable in the games they played together. Next season if injury free they will grow in the role.

Never understood why everyone loves Ayala so much. Granted he is excellent on the ball but at times he has looked pretty suspect to me. Biggest example was the league game against West Brom where he gave away the penalty. He was massive favourite to the win the ball and not only did he lose out, he committed a really bad foul which he could have walked for. Whitbread and Bennett would be my preferred pairing. Whitbread is left footed and gives nice balance. Hence why he gets the nod alongside Bennett.

I agree with Jacko. Whilst Ayala is decent and will become better with time, I think Ryan Bennett has shown why we spent so much in him since arriving. I would love to see what a consistent Whitbread/Benett pairing could achieve.

Disconcerted at all the rumours linking Whitbread with a move-hence no new contract, hope its all nonsense. A perm of any two from him, Bennett and Ayala at the back can only be a good thing, especially with RM more than capable of playing there as well.