Sign in to follow this  
Aveit

Player's that can do

I was apprehensive before the start of the season that the players we added to the squad would not be good enough for us to retain premiership status, well all but an odd goal or a point we have, and believe Paul Lambert and the team have done an excellent job.

But, I firmly believe that although I trust the judgement of Paul Lambert that we need to shift out half a dozen players in the summer at least, that are not good enough, but most importantly replace at least three of those with players that can do with added quality. Along with a couple that could possibly be furthered developed, and good use of the loan market it takes us to a recruitment figure of 5 to 7 players without said additions we may struggle.

We are 100% safe mathematically now mate, QPR lost 6-1 today which secured it[Y]

I think at least 6 will go.......  Lambert will probably need at least £20m to rebuild, and that''s not even including wages though.  We may get away with £15m and 2 loans, hopefully the longer we stay up, the stronger the squad gets year on year.....

The wages will all go up for next season (Holt is our top ''earner'' this season on £25K p/w), though our players have increased value of being in The Premiership this year, so some money will come in the coffers for players that are ''surplus to requirements''

I would only expect a net spend difference of around £8-10M, though whether the club would be interested in cashing in on a player for £4-5M - such as Pilkington - if an offer comes in will give Lambert food for thought if his budget isn''t big enough, which is certainly will not be!!

As a previous poster said, £20M - if spent wisely - is what is really required, but Lambert won''t get that next season. He hasn''t made big noises about the lack of funds, but if he does, then you know someone has been in touch...