Sign in to follow this  
Mr  Whiz

Lets all laugh at Andy Marshall

Marshall reveals frustration

Ipswich goalkeeper Andy Marshall''s loan move to Millwall has turned sour, forcing him to admit "I might as well not be here".

Marshall, 28, was left on the bench as the Lions beat Burnley at the weekend to set up an FA Cup quarter-final clash with Tranmere.

He said: "The place is buzzing, as you would expect, but I feel on the outside. I came here to play football and I can''t really see the point if I''m not. I''m no better off than I was at Ipswich."

Marshall, offered a free transfer by Portman Road boss Joe Royle, had high hopes of the move to London becoming permanent.

He added: "I played in two league games and did well in them both, but I wasn''t able to play in the FA Cup fourth-round tie at Telford because I hadn''t been registered in time.

"Dennis [Wise] decided to stay with the same team for the Burnley game and it looks as if he will stick with it again this weekend [against Preston].

"To be honest, I can''t see the point in me being here. I need games and I need people to see me playing, so this situation is not doing me any good."

You make your bed, and then you gotta sleep in it... I''m sure there are some Conference teams who may be able to give him a game or two before the end of the season...