Sign in to follow this  
L4cole

John Ruddy, Two sides to a coin!

I haven''t read through the whole thread, so sorry if this has already been said...

But I don''t really agree with the whole ''Two sides to a coin'' analogy....

Ruddy is one player, his pros and cons are all part of him, and its only natural that in some games he will play better than others. Even in the Liverpool game in which he got huge amounts of praise, and not only from the Norwich fans he still made a couple of mistakes. I just think he might be one of those goal keepers who is going to keep you on the edge of your seat, but overall is definatly good enough.

He''s not a bad player, but he''s not perfect either, and I don''t think we should be expecting to have a perfect keeper, how many are that good anyway?

Being a GK is probably the hardest job on the pitch, because you get so much criticism when you get things wrong. The swansea GK (Vorm?) nearly undid all his good work at the start of the season, with that silly mistake that gave Arsenal a goal. The only reason GKs get so much stick for their mistakes is because more often than not they are going to give away a goal. I think until we are the best team in the world, we can''t moan too much about Ruddy :P

[quote user="Mister Chops"][img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBjJTIfVgn3JMWiyT9Te-Go8y1FRjwis0MtDR30qmoa_VcIDLmCQ[/img][/quote]

Why have you put a picture of Newcastles 4th choice goalkeeper up ?  Why is he not being tipped to be added to the England squad ?