Sign in to follow this  
Lets be aving you!

Reserves lose 6-0

Good quality experience for the young lads, plenty of experience and quality in the Newcastle side with Santon, Harper and Guthrie. Don''t know why the likes of Wilbraham and Jackson aren''t getting a run out though

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Good quality experience for the young lads, plenty of experience and quality in the Newcastle side with Santon, Harper and Guthrie. Don''t know why the likes of Wilbraham and Jackson aren''t getting a run out though[/quote]Yeah, that does seem odd, maybe because our squad is small Lambert doesn''t want to risk injury? I would have thought that they need to pick up match sharpness though.

Maybe Whoops-raham and Jackson arent playing today because Holt and Martin havent done enough to start Saturday.. with Vaughan needing treatment it might be a different look to the strike force?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Maybe Whoops-raham and Jackson arent playing today because Holt and Martin havent done enough to start Saturday.. with Vaughan needing treatment it might be a different look to the strike force?[/quote]There was another reserve game recently that none of the seniors played and that was before Sunday''s game, so I doubt it.

I''m guessing the senior reserve players wouldn''t be asked to make a 6 hour coach journey. Looking at the teams who''ve had long trips the Norwich for reserve games, they didn''t field many members of their first team squad. I expect it would have been a stronger Norwich side had we been at home.

@Mr Bump: However it was said last week that Vaughan was touch and go for Saturday. With one striker possibly down and Morrison coming back from international duty you don''t want to risk it.

This week is more surprising, perhaps some of the other players have niggles?