Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Sir Alex Ferguson thinks it's unfair

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]According to the itemon the Beeb site, old Whisky Nose thinks Man Utd are hard done by and should be getting more TV money.

Unbelievable!

Mungo[/quote]

i watched the clip they had on the website.

he''s probably right, from tv revenue ALONE they don''t get enough to compete with clubs who have generous benefactors, man city, real and barca (although they have been doing pretty well recently!)

However if there''s one club in england, if not europe and the world who has benefitted must be the influs of TV revenue, it''s Manchester United, being the single most successful club over the last, what, 15years.

I suspect what he''s saying is Manchester United are planning on selling rights to their football games, outside of sky pos 2013 or in the future. Don''t real madrid and barca negoatiate separately to the rest of la liga.

[quote user="Rob Sims"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]According to the itemon the Beeb site, old Whisky Nose thinks Man Utd are hard done by and should be getting more TV money.

Unbelievable!

Mungo[/quote]

i watched the clip they had on the website.

he''s probably right, from tv revenue ALONE they don''t get enough to compete with clubs who have generous benefactors, man city, real and barca (although they have been doing pretty well recently!)

However if there''s one club in england, if not europe and the world who have benefitted most from the influx of TV revenue, it''s Manchester United, being the single most successful club over the last, what, 15years.

I suspect what he''s saying is Manchester United are planning on selling the rights to their football games, outside of sky poss 2013 or in the future. Don''t real madrid and barca negoatiate separately to the rest of la liga?[/quote]

I''ve edited out my numerous typos in the quoted bit.

If Premier League clubs are able to negotiate their own tv revenue packages then we might as well all give up.

Their is far too much of a disparity as it is to maintain a healthy & competitive league system.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]If Premier League clubs are able to negotiate their own tv revenue packages then we might as well all give up.

Their is far too much of a disparity as it is to maintain a healthy & competitive league system.[/quote][Y]Football as a  ''game'' stinks these days and I''m just glad I have those innocent pre-Premier League days to look back on.

Interesting comment at the end of the BBC article which surely must remove all doubt that the FA pull strings to favour Man Utd:-

"United have the benefit of home fixtures after each of their scheduled Champions League group matches, while their current nearest rivals at the top of the Premier League table, Manchester City, must play away from home in each league fixture after their own matches in Europe''s premier club competition."

Does Ferguson think this is unfair? He''s keeping quiet about it.