Sign in to follow this  
Eadienhucks

MANAGERS ON RADIO ONE/MICKY ,MOUSE CUP..

At lunchtime..all agreed with what i said before yesterdays match..No one wants injuries,and when playing the teams who are interested in the cup ie league one/two,you run the risk as they go all out for it!!

As i stated earlier,i predicted a 2 or 3 nil loss as our players,who are in his 1st team plans for the prem,are not gonna go in for 50/50`s,risking injury or make any lunges,risking hamstings etc..

The qpr manager said he wouldnt lose any sleep if his team lost

and the wolves manager said lunchtime he is do not bothered he doesnt even know how many matches there are to the final!

I cant believe some people on here dont understand the importance of

1) not getting bogged down with meaninless cupties

which will stretch the squad the firther you go into it

and

2) risking injuries etc

Most footy savvy people get this!

Wow, another one. Thanks for that.

I dont think anyone as complained about the defeat, just but the manner of it, with players that realistically could be playing Saturday against Chelsea

Exactly!! so if you knew you could be inline for a place in the side on saturday would you go hell for leather chasing most managers from championship upwards couldnt give a flying go forth and multiply!!!

Are you for real? "so if you knew you could be inline for a place in the side on saturday would you go hell for leather chasing" YES, because if I didnt, I wouldnt play on Saturday!!!

After their terrible, not really trying, trying not to get injured performance, how many of last nights team will start on Saturday? Probably none now.

Had we won 5-0, Simeon got a hatrick, Fox ran it, R.Played a blinder, Surman had set a couple up, they''d be much more likly to start.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Are you for real? "so if you knew you could be inline for a place in the side on saturday would you go hell for leather chasing" YES, because if I didnt, I wouldnt play on Saturday!!!

After their terrible, not really trying, trying not to get injured performance, how many of last nights team will start on Saturday? Probably none now.

Had we won 5-0, Simeon got a hatrick, Fox ran it, R.Played a blinder, Surman had set a couple up, they''d be much more likly to start.

[/quote]You really dont get it do you!

He means challenges!

I also heard that newsbeat interviews and reading between the lines most were hinting they tell their players,dont exert yourself and get injured as the bread n butter matches are what count!!

Another manager also stated on talk sport, most of these early games are like friendlys,the only difference is the lower league sides are match fit and up for it,and all we hope is to come out of it unscathed! ....He added most clubs treat as a hinderence.

I agree with you CDMullins, and the manner of the defeat. We need to understand the difference between priorities and standards. Sure we would like to stay in the league, but a 4-0 home defeat by a team 2 leagues lower than you is embarassing. Hoped we''d left those days behind.