Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Are we witnessing a tactical shift in the Premier League?

Maybe I''m reading too much into this but yesterday we saw Norwich and Stoke line up with two out and out wingers with two fairly orthodox central midfielders. Tonight both Spurs and Manchester United did the same with two sets of traditional wingers (you could argue that Bale is not a typical winger in style I suppose) and no obvious holding midfielder.Perhaps circumstance has dictated this (Norwich matched the Stoke formation yesterday and both Spurs and Manchester United had players missing tonight) or maybe we''re seeing some teams move away from the 4-5-1/4-3-3 which has become increasingly popular of the past few years. We''ll doubtless come up against a Chelsea side on Saturday who will employ a 4-3-3 formation but if more and more teams are moving away from this then the decision by Paul Lambert to bring in Pilkington and Bennett looks even more assured.If only Shyster were here to witness this [:''(][;)]

What ever happened to Shyster? Peculiar fella, very keen on wingers (we

need two out and out wingers to get out of league on....okay to survive

in the champion....yeah but to get promoted we need two more wing.....)

and then he dissapeared..

He posted last weekend, during the Wigan game....

Anyway, if we are going to be playing with two wingers on a regular basis, we need to fit Hoolahan into the team, i still think he''s out best footballer.