Sign in to follow this  
The saint

north norfolk pub showing every norwich game

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Looks like there are going to be a lot of pubs in and around Norwich showing all games. I went in to a pub in the city at lunchtime (I''m not going to name it yet as they are not advertising yet) not mentioned here yet and the landlord confirmed they will be showing all Norwich games. They are getting the feed from a Latvian company who are charging £30 a month compared to the £300+ a month that Sky want. He also said that if they got into trouble with the law over the rule that it was illegal to screen live football at 3.00 on a Saturday then the company would happily delay transmission by ten seconds to get around this.

Seems like a lot of local pubs are fairly confident that they can screen these games without breaking the law. Does anyone know of any pubs in Dereham that will be showing live games on a Saturday afternoon?

[/quote]

Sounds very much like the Murderers, or perhaps the Woolpack?

[quote user="Dan Druff"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

Looks like there are going to be a lot of pubs in and around Norwich showing all games. I went in to a pub in the city at lunchtime (I''m not going to name it yet as they are not advertising yet) not mentioned here yet and the landlord confirmed they will be showing all Norwich games. They are getting the feed from a Latvian company who are charging £30 a month compared to the £300+ a month that Sky want. He also said that if they got into trouble with the law over the rule that it was illegal to screen live football at 3.00 on a Saturday then the company would happily delay transmission by ten seconds to get around this.

Seems like a lot of local pubs are fairly confident that they can screen these games without breaking the law. Does anyone know of any pubs in Dereham that will be showing live games on a Saturday afternoon?

[/quote]

Sounds very much like the Murderers, or perhaps the Woolpack?

[/quote]

The Murderers have said in the local paper they are only showing our live Sky games. They said that have the equipment to show all the games but aren''t making any decision as yet.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Looks like there are going to be a lot of pubs in and around Norwich showing all games. I went in to a pub in the city at lunchtime (I''m not going to name it yet as they are not advertising yet) not mentioned here yet and the landlord confirmed they will be showing all Norwich games. They are getting the feed from a Latvian company who are charging £30 a month compared to the £300+ a month that Sky want. He also said that if they got into trouble with the law over the rule that it was illegal to screen live football at 3.00 on a Saturday then the company would happily delay transmission by ten seconds to get around this.[/quote]

I''m surprised they aren''t advertising to get the fans in, lots are and I''m betting they will be busy [:)]