Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Norwich XI vs Billericay tonight

You really believe Cody should be ahead of Holt, Morrison, Jackson, Vaughan and Martin in the pecking order?

It''s for his own good that he is being allowed to move on, it won''t do him or the club any good playing in our reserves?

At least this way we make a considerable profit on him rather than allow him to leave in a years time for nothing and having wasted a year of his career.

You cannot compare Cody to the likes of Holt & Morrison. Martin is clearly setting up into a different role and that leaves Jackson & Vaughan for him to compete with.

Vaughan is injured, and could well be out for 20-40% of the matches this season... who knows.

So in that context i strongly feel that he could become a squad player, he''s incredibly raw and i love that in a player, but he has proven time and time again that he can find the back of the net.

Last time i checked they were still using standard goals in the prem?

I''m not slating Lambert or the club as i feel the decision was made at the end of last season and they have to remain professional and stick with it, they can''t be messing him about.

I also believe that they would have been straight up and explained the situation, so i haven''t a problem with that.

It''s just frustrating as a supporter of his, that we''re not getting a chance to see him play in the shirt again, when he''s clearly got potential.

The lad is quality, and we''ve turned our back on him as it''s the right thing to do. It''s like giving the family pet away cause we can no longer maintain it.

Heartbreaking!

Its been clear since we got promoted to the Championship that Cody doesn''t figure in his plans. It does feel a little bit like there''s been a fallout between them - and I remember ColUMike saying something similar a year or 2 ago. That said its the same singlemindedness that we often call Lamberts strength. Cody is yesterdays news. It would have been more of an issue if we hadn''t got promoted. Or if he was a raw 20 year old. But he''s not, he''s a raw player with at best probably another 5 or 6 years left of a decent career. He''s not a Prem player but we''re now a Prem club. So its goodbye and good luck Cody and thanks for the time you spent here

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]Vaughan is injured, and could well be out for 20-40% of the matches this season... who knows. [/quote]

And the award for "Most random Statement of the Year" goes to...