Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Bentley for Pennant

seeing as Bentley is injured then i think it would be perfect if we could send him back and arsenal would loan out pennant to us? would this be possible? whats are your thoughts on this?

A wonderful idea. Do you think they´ll buy it? Pennant is everything that we have lacked for 10 years - a pacy winger that attacks defenders.  Not since disco D and Ruel have we had a decent winger, and you´ll notice we have been in a downward spiral ever since.  Ok, we clawed our way back with semi decent wingers and now have Hucks (who´s not a winger!) but we seriously lack a someone to get hold of the ball and attack the defender! Although it´s a difficult job - as if you don´t beat the defender you are labelled a useless git! You know who you are. And finally please don´t tell me, we´ve got a winger in Johnson - ta

"Pennant is everything that we have lacked for 10 years - a pacy winger that attacks defenders." I don''t think Hucks would be too pleased with that statement! 

Not a bad idea, but I think Jonson is starting to make the right wing his own and is getting better every game. Yes, Pennant has pace and skill, played well at Leeds in a very poor side, but at Arsenal whenever he''s got his chance he''s looked very average and has done nothing this season. Even when Ljungberg was out they opted to swap other players around. 

Bentley has played well for Arsenal when he got his chances...Pennant hasn''t taken his and is likely to be released at the end of the season.

Proceed with caution on this one!

[quote]A wonderful idea. Do you think they´ll buy it? Pennant is everything that we have lacked for 10 years - a pacy winger that attacks defenders. Not since disco D and Ruel have we had a decent winger, a...[/quote]

What about Eadie? His career may over now, but he was certainly class for us.

its a great idea but i doubt wenger will let pennant go to be honest!

the kid is playing for a new contract and will want to stay

his style of football is also very different to ours -his passing has left something to be desired!