Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Looking back over the season . . . .

I can''t help but feel that there was a real turning point in the fortunes and form of our team at the start of the year.

Prior to Christmas it looked like the squad had had a bit of a culture shock, they kept battling but struggled at times. We had players in and out of form and injury. Fox, Hoolahan, Holt at the start of the season, Jackson, Whitbread out . . . .

Then it started to pick up culminating in the win against Shef Utd at home. I consider that to be the turning point because in the first half we were shocking, but as bad as we were in the first we were as good in the second half. Hoolahan came on and gave his best performance of the season to that date in my eyes.

To me we seemed to gain momentum from that point on and apart from a couple of blips where I think our formation was out-thought we kept a good constant. More players hit form and appearing to be at the most opportune of times.

Just wondered whether anyone else thought the same or if they consider another match to be the turning point or pivotal moment in our season?

The team constantly morphed from start to finish. I think we hit top gear when Fox was introduced. I had no idea he was such a gem! Whitbred also made a massive impact with his inclusion, so good infact he will have Barnett wondering about next season.

In seasons gone by, losing a player like Barnett would have really hit us hard, but Whitbread came in and had the impact of a new signing, much the same can be said of Jackson.

The fact we''re a solid squad and not a team with a couple of star performers is the main reason we made the promissed land!

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]The team constantly morphed from start to finish. I think we hit top gear when Fox was introduced. I had no idea he was such a gem! Whitbred also made a massive impact with his inclusion, so good infact he will have Barnett wondering about next season.[/quote]Your shirts look class but would be better with the correct sponsor. :)

It''s almost impossible to pick one thing, but for me the moment that turned us from Play Off contenders to Automatic contenders was Lambert bringing Jackson off the bench with the score at 3-0 against Scunthorpe. Brilliant piece of management that gave Jackson the confidence to fire us over the line.

I knew we would take 2nd place when we played QPR off the park at the start of the year, with a tired, injury blighted team.Never doubted it since. Of course that''s not saying I didn''t have the odd bought of nerves, or dancing fit at late goals!