Sign in to follow this  
Captain Controversy

Our team and how it has developed this season

Today we were amazing. I would love to see the possession stats but I wouldn''t be surprised if we had over 75% of it. Even at 5-0 with seconds today I thought we''d score another. All our players possess a great touch, are confident, work hard and well together. I remember just a handful of misplaced passes.The quality of our team even from a couple of months ago is a real eye opener.Drury - Tierney. I thought Drury has been past it for a while and Doncaster was the last straw - he had a shocker. Tierneys come in and been brilliant. I really rate him. What a signing.Barnett - Whitbread. I know Barnett is highly rated on here, but to me he is made to look very clumsy at times. Whitbread has a certain finesse about him and I think he will do well in the prem if we were to get there. Definatlet better than Barnett in MY opinion.Nelson/Askou - Ward. His touch is amazing for a championship centre back. Looks composed. Shame about the odd mistake but his partnership with Whitbread looks better every game.Fox. What a player. Our best midfielder. The vision and passing of a prem player, tencious, tireless.Hoolahan. Finally showing his class at this level. Grown and grown this year.Holt. Has been banging them in for fun as of late, obviously offers a lot more but its of no coincidence that we have scaled the league under his best vein of scoring form. Pacheco looks like he will fit in very nicely too. Some superb defence splitting passes, looks lively and has all the skill that we expected from a Barcelona youth player. Could make the difference in the run in.Do I think we will go up in 2nd?It looks good. We can STILL catch QPR, if Sheff U cause an upset on Monday they will be nervous, seeing our 6-0 win today.A point at Swansea and I think we''re there.

It''s difficult not to get carried away by a tremendous result like this yet there is still a few twists and turns to negociate before we can start celebrating. The great thing about today''s results is that we have neutered the Swansea game next week. Even if we lose and Cardiff win too we shall still be a point clear. I certainly see us as being capable of winning every game left to play and having that precious cushion just removes a tad of the pressure that weighs on players in our position. Poor old Scum, even when they do win it is tempered by the thought that it has helped our promotion push.