Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Ashton a steal

This guy is the best thing to happen to this club since.... (well to be honest not that long ago)Hux. He is every thing we need and in time will prove his worth.

Yesterday I was in the I*****h area and read a newsboard stating that they value Bent at £20M?
So we have bought a player who has partnered Bent in the England set up for a number of years, He has scored more goals for the last two seasons and is of similar age.

Therefore we have made £17M + profit in 1 week!

Who says that property is the best investment.

I still think he will be worth every penny we spent and some.

You have to rememberr that all prices in Ipswich are quoted at the special David Sheepshanks 5p in the pound rate. Therefore when Ipswich fans say they think Bent is worth £20 million what they really mean is that they think he is worth £1 million in everyone else''s money. Which sounds about right to me.

[quote]You have to rememberr that all prices in Ipswich are quoted at the special David Sheepshanks 5p in the pound rate. Therefore when Ipswich fans say they think Bent is worth £20 million what they really...[/quote]

Ros I forgot about the Suffolk exchange rate. Thanks

I agree with DD. Tremendous signing but what was worthy thinking by isolating him up front with no support against Villa??? Should have stuck Mckenzie up there with him, at least he would have had someone to get on to his knock-ons.