Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Complete inabilty to kill teams off.......

Of 33 League matches this season, we have only won by more than 1 goal, 4 times.

Of which 2 of them (Swansea Home and Sheff U Home) were injury time goals.

The other 2 were Bristol City Away and Ipswich at home.

Although we often control the game and keep the ball, our lack of drive to get the next goal leaves us vunerable to equalisers.

When Leeds got the ball in midfield on Saturday, they broke as quickly and as directly as they could, putting us under a hell of a lot of pressure.However even at 1 down, we were happy keeping hold of the ball accross the back four, even to the point to Holt had to scream at Ward and make a watch tapping gesture, to play the ball long, which lead to our equaliser.

The patience build up might work for Barcelona but unfortunatly it doesnt for us, we have to work hard to score our goals, we have to hustle and bustle, we are a real handful when getting the ball into the box but we just dont do it enough.

It''d be so nice to go 2,3 up and have the game wrapped up and then playing pretty football.

Good post, agree. Tonight after we scored there wasn''t much urgency to go and get a second. The urgency only really came after they equalised. I''m not talking about commiting every man forward, but after going ahead we should have kept our foot firmly on the gas until we got a second, if we had i could have seen us putting a fair few past them

I''m afraid that all of this might ultimately cost us a place in the top 6. When you consider that we rarely score more than two in a game and also rarely keep clean sheets, if we do win its invariably by a 2-1 scoreline, often in injury time or hanging on at the end. We havent won matches comfortbaly all season and I dont think we will do either in the remainder. We are playing on the very edge and at the limit of each players ability every match and it might just be that this IS out limit and we are simply not good enough to give teams beatings by higher margins.

We might just have to accept that this is how it is going to be and hope that it will be enough to get a play-off place.

and a complete inability to not conceed every game, with another cross into the box causing us problems.