Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Can the club make extra money doing this?

They should do something if the game is sold out within 72 hours of the

game you can listen on canaries world or pay an extra fiver or so and watch the game

live on here. I bet they could make a lot of extra revenue if allowed. But only can do that if the game is within 95% of a sell out or something.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]They should do something if the game is sold out within 72 hours of the

game you can listen on canaries world or pay an extra fiver or so and watch the game

live on here. I bet they could make a lot of extra revenue if allowed. But only can do that if the game is within 95% of a sell out or something.[/quote]How about you try and kill football a bit more?!

How is that killing football...its rewarding fans that can''t be there and only would go in effect if the game is sold out. Look I would love it to be free but its not and im in Florida,  so is Canaries World ruining football?

How about once a game is sold out, they let fans in for a quid after 80 minutes to fill the seats which have been left by earlygoers, you''d be likely to see a goal!

I personally think its a good idea. It wouldn''t stop fans from going to the games knowing that if its not sold out it wont be streamed online and at the same time would let all of us that follow online through out Britain and the world to watch the game. It would not be ruining football as you said earlier it just would be a way of expanding the Norwich Brand visibly and making more money for the club.

It costs over 100k to broadcast a game, from the extra cameras to the cost of satellite and outside broadcast equipment. The club would lose money hand over fist - also there is an agreement between all English clubs to not broadcast games which are played at 3pm on a Saturday, in any form.And the club doesn''t hold the rights to broadcast its games, these are held by the BBC and Sky in the UK.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I personally think its a good idea. It wouldn''t stop fans from going to the games knowing that if its not sold out it wont be streamed online and at the same time would let all of us that follow online through out Britain and the world to watch the game. It would not be ruining football as you said earlier it just would be a way of expanding the Norwich Brand visibly and making more money for the club.
[/quote]

We would be bank rupt very quickly. It would cost at least £100000 to broadcast a game and I think MU Chelsea and Liverpool pay about £150000 per game for the rights. Lets assume however that we only had to pay £100 K to break even we would need 20000 watchers. Got a feeling that wont work    

Yeah obviously knowing all that now of course I would not want us to do that...unless someone can Skype on a mobile phone :) I will give you a fiver :P