Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Ward is as bad one week as he is good the next

Really inconsistent! he looked shaky vs Leeds but good against the inbreds and Derby, before looking shaky again today.he made a lot of mistakes today and to be fair his half hearted tackle on Nugent in the build up to the first goal was probably what allowed it to go in. the frustrating thing for me is when Elliott gets it right he is gthe best defender at the club, premiership class.. when he gets it wrong though we look week, without Barnett for the next few games we need ward on tiptop form!. Nelson coming in could make a place his own if not.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Really inconsistent! he looked shaky vs Leeds but good against the inbreds and Derby, before looking shaky again today.

he made a lot of mistakes today and to be fair his half hearted tackle on Nugent in the build up to the first goal was probably what allowed it to go in.

the frustrating thing for me is when Elliott gets it right he is gthe best defender at the club, premiership class.. when he gets it wrong though we look week, without Barnett for the next few games we need ward on tiptop form!. Nelson coming in could make a place his own if not.
[/quote]

Im really concered with a Nelson Ward partnership. No pace what so ever and our next oppenents Coventry have that atrribute in abundance. Im really disapointed with the petulance of Barnett today. As for Ward he''s decent but ive got a feeling Barnett often helps him look better then he is.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]ward is not prem class, barnett isn''t otherwise we wouldn''t have him here[/quote]by that logic i suppose Craig Bellamy and rob Green werent either?