Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

Formation yesterday?

Just wondered what everyone''s take on our formation in the second half yesterday. To me it appeared to be 3-4-1-2 with Korey Smith playing as a centre-back, Russell Martin as a left winger and Ant the Mac as a right winger.

I know Lambert loves a gamble and he''s a bit of a legend for it but was this going a bit too far?

I thought Korey Smith wasn''t too bad in defence but Martin as a left midfielder really didn''t work and I have no idea why he did it. Purely to nullify Eagles?

As a side-note, well done Lambert for maintaining your record of never having lost two in a row!

it was 4 4 2 when they attacked, but quickly turned unto 3 3 4, martin and smith were wing backs. and it worked, with a little help from burnley.

i wasn''t there yesterday but did we play the diamond first half then a 4-4-2 in the 2nd?

Don''t know what everyone thinks but i feel the diamond at home doesn''t work well at this level. Seems to suit us away, but at home where there is more emphasis on the home team to attack it seems that the away teams have worked out how to stifle the midfield and restrict our play.

Opinions on this anyone? Especially those who have been to all the games.

We were definatly playing 4-4-2 in the first half. Wes was alongside crofts in the middle with Korey and Lappin out wide. This didn''t work at all as they had 5 in midfield, Wes seemed scared to get forward, Crofts seemed scared to drop deep a-la Diamond.

Second half was more of a lopsided 4-4-2. Wes playing pretty much whereever he wanted to and with a pacey outlet in Mac it actually gave Burnley something to deal with rather than just wait for us to give them the ball.

looked to me like the 2-3-2-3 (or W-W) that Barcelona have been using on occasions recently - Ward and Barnett as centre backs, K Smith and R Martin wing backs (thought Russell did really well on the left, my man of the match yesterday) with Fox as a deeper midfielder inbetween them.  Crofts and hoolahan central behind Macnamee, Holt and C Martin.good article HEREsure i''ll get shot down - just how i saw it, that''s all.jb