Sign in to follow this  
Buzz Killington

Rule change?

Did I imagine this, or did I read somewhere that this season there would be a change to this ridiculous rule that an injured player has to go off to come back on? You know what I mean? When your player gets injured because of a foul on him, but you then have to play with 10 men until the ref decides he can come back on. I''m sure I read it somewhere, but can''t seem to find anything now.

Think the rule is, if 2 players are injured at the same time, 1 from each team they don''t have to go off the pitch to be allowed to come back on, they can receive treatment and then carry on without leaving the pitch.

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]Think the rule is, if 2 players are injured at the same time, 1 from each team they don''t have to go off the pitch to be allowed to come back on, they can receive treatment and then carry on without leaving the pitch.[/quote]

It''s two players from the SAME team injured in the same incident (not one from each team). The logic is that it''s not fair to have a team down two players under the circumstances. The other change regarding injured players is that the stretcher doesn''t need to come in with the medical staff.