Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Norwich revival

Just sat here thinking and was trying to work out what our posters who are demanding Worthy out etc etc etc would suddenly say if we now got our act together and ended up the season 4th or better from bottom.  At the end of the day we are still within easy shouting distance from those teams above us.  I agree it does not look all too rosy at the minute and the Southampton game is probably bigger than any of us can imagine.  But two wins and suddenly we could find ourselves sitting sixth or better from bottom and then suddenly our season will take on a whole new prospective.  I know one win looks doubtful at the minute but come on stranger things in football have happened.  Pompey last season were certain relegation favourites sitting around fourth from bottom in March and suddenly they put it all together to finish in a creditable position.  Lets not put pressure on the team by demanding we get rid of Worthy.  Let the season pan out and see what happens.  Seem to remember Charlton calling for the head of Curbishley when they went down but would they get rid of him now.   

I can''t help thinking the same thing, NavMan.  If two of our draws had been wins we probably wouldn''t be reading half the stuff on here that we are.  I know that the ''if'' hasn''t happened and that people are entitled to say what they want as we are all ultimately supporters of the club, but a couple of wins in the next couple of weeks would put a different perspective on things.  Several more before May and we would all consider 17th an even bigger achievement than winning Div. 1!!!

If the Blackburn match had finished on 85 mins, there would have been cheers and celebrations, and talk of how we are "going to go on a run now" etc.

Instead, we had "Worthy should go".

It''s a fine line.

[quote]7 points from the next 3 games (achievable) wold (will?) put a different perspective on things! 3 out of next 4 at home now as well, so that should help.[/quote]

Come on people lets be realistic about this how many games have we actually played well in in the first half?

Yes we have come back to get a draw in a number of games

The points re the next three games everyone is quoting takes us into December and ever closer to being bottom at Christmas if we dont achieve some much needed wins?

We need a manager now who can push us on and make those players believe they are good enough and also a manager who will drop the under perfomers without looking through rose tinted glasses!