Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

is crofts a replacement for Rusty?

[quote user="ref89"]I think the players he got in were just good enough to to the job asked of them.  I dont think he was looking long term with any of them.  Mcnamee and Oli are not going to cut it in the Championship for example and will spend their time in the reserves.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]A slightly more balanced view..

http://northstandchat.com/showthread.php?t=175445

Doubt this one will come to anything. If it does then cant say ive seen him play, Lambert seems to have a good eye though.
[/quote]

Does lambert have a "good eye" though? For me, the quality opf his signings is the one area i''ve yet to be convinced. i am reassured that I believe he can sees which positions need stregthening quicker than many of his predecessors and obviously Fraser Forster was a good signing but for me R Martin, Rose and Elliot are all not good enough (did a job granted but not great players), Oli looks to have some talent but is far from the finished article and the jury is out somewhat on Macnamee. Maybe he had no resources but I don''t think he''s been fantastic in the transfer market so far. This summer will be the real test of his eye but for me losing Rusty and replacing him with a relatively unheard of league 1 midfielder would not be the most positive start to the summer (even though Crofts may turn out to be good).

[/quote][/quote]

I actually believe that Oli Johnson will be a decent player in The Championship. Anthony Mac was also involved a fair bit with Watford in their promotion season, so in my opinion both can do a job. Not every player has to be a star, even Hendo did a job in our promotion season with a few goals.