Sign in to follow this  
Carl Cort

worthys understudy

has anyone got any ideas who would make a good understudy for worthy? i believe its something we have to start thinking about, because if we go up and come straight down again, or if (hypothetically speaking, of course) we fail to reach the holy land of the premiership, worthy might leave for a bigger club, feeling he has achieved all he is capable of with city. i believe we need to get someone primed for such a position about now so he has a natural successor and minimum disruption is caused. should we get someone in or would livermore or foley be qualified to do the job? do either of them have the necessary experience / qualifications? if it hasnt happened already, maybe they should try to attain fa coaching badges like worthy.

Not quite in keeping with what this thread is about, but I can imagine Malky or Holty going on to become managers.

If you''re looking for minimum disruption, I would suggest Keith Webb might do a job for us - after all it wouldn''t be that different to when Walker took over from Stringer, and that turned out ok! In the long term, I would like to see Ian Crook enticed back here from Australia, and Iwan given the chance to get the qualifications and experience. Failing that, Flecky hasn''t done so bad on a local level has he?