Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Ricky Lambert

If we go up and Southampton fail to make it throught he play-off''s, will Ricky Lambert be available to us and how much?

He is obviously too good in league 1 and the temptation to play in a higher league may be too much for him.

Can we afford him?

Lambert/Holt/Martin up front next season has got to be an exciting prospect.

[quote user="World Cup Dogger "]

If we go up and Southampton fail to make it throught he play-off''s, will Ricky Lambert be available to us and how much? 1

He is obviously too good in league 1 and the temptation to play in a higher league may be too much for him.

Can we afford him? 2

[/quote]1. NO     2. NO

I think he will want to move up though if the saints fail with their promotion bid.

[/quote]He may well do, but we cant afford him

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="World Cup Dogger "]

If we go up and Southampton fail to make it throught he play-off''s, will Ricky Lambert be available to us and how much? 1

Can we afford him? 2

[/quote]1. NO     2. NO[/quote]

Thirdly he would''nt want to come. If we have being honest here Southampton are a much better long term bet to get back to the Premier League than Norwich. Financially they have a wealthy owner who pays the bills and evidently means business with some of the acquisitions in the window. They are not saddled by depth and have a bigger stadium. Furthermore I think they are a much more balanced attacking side than us. If there is a better front 4 than Lambert, Llallana, Barnard and Puncheon in this league I am yet to them. They will take league 1 by storm next year. Mark my words.

This isnt me being a doom merchant. I honestly think we''ll still get promoted with a bit to spare despite all this negativity and I think we''ll do alright under Paul Lambert in the championship. But I am also a realist. Southampton really look like a team that are going places.

I think he will want to move up though if the saints fail with their promotion bid.

[/quote]

No chance of him leaving Soton. He''s on a great contract and with the Liebherr wealth underwriting them they can afford to keep him. They won''t let him go even if he says he wants to leave. In any case, he knows that Soton will walk League 1 next season and he will be in the Champiosnhip with them the following season.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Sell Hooly to buy R Lambert.....NO!!![/quote]

hoolahan is twice the player of anyone else in this league, he just isn''t noticed as some fans think he is to fancy !

Don''t be silly, I''m sure he didn''t join Southampton with a 10 point deduction, expecting to get promoted this season. With all the money they have, it wouldn''t surprise me if he was on a pretty hefty wage too.

[quote user="World Cup Dogger "]Would you sell Hoolihan to buy Lambert?[/quote]

Id drive from Leeds to Norwich collect Hoolahan and drop him off in Southampton to have Lambert!

Holt and Lambert would be class!

But no, theres no chance in hell we''ll sign him.

yep, far too pricey i''m afraid. I''ve also got a sneaky feeling that Southampton are gonna sneak up through the play offs.