Sign in to follow this  
Lew says we are top of the league

Posters' crassness

The standard of poster comments has gone down over recent weeks, over the last few months we have had rants about certain players. 1 week its Hendo next week its Holty, Helveg, Jonson even Drury this week who will it be next week Greeno. Posters wishing injury on players or just being stupid with their comments. Worthy out comments. Fans wanting us to spend money we don''t have no one will understand the legacy left by the Chase era & the years it takes to re-structure.  If I was a scum fan looking at this sight I would get great pleasure looking at the untogetherness that exists between the Norwich fans.  I look back to last season &  the civic reception with pride at the masses of canary fans in the yellow & green that evening.  The pride of playing in the premiership & actually competing better than I expected.  All this was acheived by Directors, management, players & fans sticking it out together not just last year but over a decade of turmoil. 

In the last few month''s we have lost greats such as Ron Ashman, Geoffrey Watling & Bernard Robinson all who gave blood, swaet & tears to this club for little reward.  The thing NCFC has is people in the club from staff, Directors & players & a number of the people involved in the club today will one day be the greats of tomorrow & never to be forgotten. 

Its about time the fans allowed the Directors to Direct the Club structure, let the Manager manage & let the players play with them having a feeling that everyone of us is behind them without unjust critisicm, we expect loyalty from players but what loyalty are a number of fans showing to the players.

The comments posted on this message board in recent weeks would leave the greats I have mentioned wondering what they have left behind in an age when supporters would just back the club in whatever shape or form.

PS I am not old & wanting old style football

Lew:

Thats what this board is for, discussion and what not, with 100''s (probably a lot more) of different minds gracing these pages weekly, you cant expect everyone to unite and agree, all the time. Plus, I dare say that without the "hot topics", and the outspoken posts at times, it would all become a bit teadious very quickly.

What you need to take into consideration, is that every forum has many different poster "groups"..so to speak:

Staticians:
Posters who like to give of their minds all the stats they can think of, relevant or not. Good posts for starting a "stat" war...

The Instigator:
The poster that likes to make wild accustaions and comments, these posts are actually very successful in creating discussion on any topic, both pro and against the original post. And we all know who that is here...... (and it''s not me)...ummmmm dark sorcery anyone???? ... well a little bit me too

The Serioso:
There''s nothing funny about these posters, it''s all straight down the line, never off topic, straight answers and no sarcasm... which leads us onto our next group...

Sarcasmists:
Great for a laugh, never serious, and rarely to the point! (no comment on Cynicism here)!!

The Golden oldies:
Who always remind us of the "good old days", when you could buy ten chocolate bars for 1p! But they also add invaluable content and wisdom to any discussion, and give us younger posters an insight to life in the middle ages!! A real history lesson...

The Comedian:
Who''s post rarely mention football, always make light of any topic, and you are left wondering whether they are sane... (nobody on here luckily )

If anybody else has some opinions on forum groups... please add to the list...

So you see Lew,
when a binner comes here, they dont see disunity, they see variety, they see discussion, and they see passion... something that is obviously missing from their blue world for them too come here in the first place...

The Pinkun is a haven for the free mind, and speech (although in the utopian world I live in, within my "similar parallel"... MODERATION is fascism) but it doesn''t hinder our freedoms here in this world

I take it you''re including your own post within that crassness Lew???

It''s a message board for opinions (whether you agree with them or not) and debate.  I would have thought that the majority of people that can take the time to post on the board care passionately about their club and are therefore entitled to express their opinions.

As for crass posts - I find ones that call for blind faith and spout the good old line of look "Look where we''ve come from 10 years ago, all is for the best in this the best of all possible worlds, never question the board/manager etc, just turn up and clap" the most crass of all.

"As for crass posts - I find ones that call for blind faith and spout the good old line of look "Look where we''ve come from 10 years ago, all is for the best in this the best of all possible worlds, never question the board/manager etc, just turn up and clap" the most crass of all."

So it''s forum for debate where everyone''s opinion is equally valid - except that one?

I''m with Lew - there are crass posts, and super-cynical posts by people who know the cost of everything but the value of nothing, and posts by people whose only aim is to be controversial. But it''s all interesting isn''t it? Long may it continue.

I think we need to define crassness here.  This board is all about opinions.  Some posters have very different opinions on players, tactics, transfers etc etc.  We as fans, have the right to say what we want about the club.  If we don''t like something, this forum gives us an oppertunity to express it.  I''m damn sure that any poster who moaned about Holt, Helveg, Jonson etc would still cheer him on and chant his name the next time he pulls on that yellow and green shirt.

[quote]"As for crass posts - I find ones that call for blind faith and spout the good old line of look "Look where we''ve come from 10 years ago, all is for the best in this the best of all possible worlds, n...[/quote]

That was an my opinion, my point of view....   I don''t remember saying anything about that Lew''s view was not valid or that he wasn''t entitled to it.