Sign in to follow this  
yossarian

Torn

I am struggling with the Pompey thing. On one hand don''t ever want to see a football team disappear. There have been too many already...........stop press I think bellaz has just put man city ahead at chelsea............on the other I will not be a happy boy at all if we end up playing Pompey in near future and they are still enjoying their parachute payments and putting out more expensive team than us. If the premier league was truly a league then Pompey should have to drop down into conference at least. What it really is I suspect is a grubby little cabal of money -grabbing, amoral , protectionist tosspots. I will not enjoy seeing them dominate championship next year with their massive para payment. But would I really rather see them go "poof" and disappear in a cloud of smoke. You know what - I think I would. Feel free to tell me why I''m wrong. I realise that I very probably am. Feeling a little to bitter to be thinking clearly.

I do think there should be a bigger punishment for mal administration like that.   I think it was Macclesfield who were on Football focus a couple of weeks ago and their chairman felt his duty was to safegaurd the club for the future but that left him hamstrung when it came to getting players or progressing the club fopr its 250 fans when the likes of chester and others were basically defrauding others to spend money they did not have.   

For football it should mean life sanctions against the CEO/chair owners etc and a 2 league relegation for the club itself;  that would at least pressurise teams to budget within their means.

To allow them to benefit from parachute payments would be outrageous, and I''d hope for deal on that to be part of any CVA that they have to get before they can play on.

As these payments are guaranteed future income due to the club, it''s only reasonable that the creditors benefit from the distribution of those funds.

But you can just see them wiggling out out all of that on an technicality ...

Im sure the administrators will insist that parachute payments are used to pay off debt....I think the Fa said this thur/friday that they will be holding on to pompeys premiership money.

The thing that needles me in all this is how much help Premiership clubs get with debt.

You can bet Cardiff, Southend, Bounemouth ont, and they have let clubs like Chester and Boston dissapear.

As they dont have the parachute money yet can they be included?  If not I am sure they will try and find a way around it.

And yes - the FA should withold the money or pay it direct to creditors