Sign in to follow this  
Squire

Predictable

A recent post predicted that our reserve team fixtures would eventually be played at Colney. For this weeks upcoming game against Luton at least, this prediction has come to pass. The reason we are told, is that the Carrow Rd pitch will need to be in tiptop condition for the Saint''s visit. Balderdash! Why don''t they just admit that it''s a money saving exercise.

Shame , My kids have season tickets and can walk to Carrow Road and were looking forward on Weds to seeing the match , as I am at work , they cannot get to Colney - they would have bought drinks etc , so if you had lots of kids on Half term doing the same , money made by the club - now lost

[quote user="Squire"]A recent post predicted that our reserve team fixtures would eventually be played at Colney. For this weeks upcoming game against Luton at least, this prediction has come to pass. The reason we are told, is that the Carrow Rd pitch will need to be in tiptop condition for the Saint''s visit. Balderdash! Why don''t they just admit that it''s a money saving exercise.[/quote]They did admit it was a cost cutting excercise a couple of months back.

[quote user="gary "]Shame , My kids have season tickets and can walk to Carrow Road and were looking forward on Weds to seeing the match , as I am at work , they cannot get to Colney - they would have bought drinks etc , so if you had lots of kids on Half term doing the same , money made by the club - now lost[/quote]

And you don''t think the club have weighed that all up?

Perhaps they did IncH. However the reason given for transferring this Wed (at the eleventh hour) is to allegedly save the pitch, not as a cost cutting excercise.

I don''t see what the problem is with it being moved to Colney.  I know some people (like kids) can''t get there now, but it saves the pitch, it''s probably free, Colney is a nice training ground.

I''m sure there will be other reserve matches and CR sometime soon.

this week is half term week - thousands of kids looking for things to do 0 any other week , no problem , they wouldn;t go anyway