[quote]"Okay, I make sport with you sir. Do I have a high regard for myself?, why of course I do, no one else does!, and I deserve it!" If you think you can handle it, feel free ;-) Now, I agree that this...[/quote]

SPat: At what point in my posts did I mention that the number of posts a poster had written, or the length of them, was the defining benchmark of the quality of the post?.

Thats right, never!, and you damn well know it!.

Had you, and to a lesser degree, others, taken the trouble to read my post properly, you would have seen I was complaining about duplicate subject matter, and ''done to death'' subjects.

And IMO some, although not all, newbies seem to be the most guilty of this.

I''ve also been quick to praise and name certain newbies in this thread (you deliberately choose to ignore this, why?) and as I said, they will be real assets to these boards.

So, before you ''charge in'' again, just take the time to digest what I''ve really said on this subject.

You might just start to feel a little sheepish mate.  

[quote]SPat: At what point in my posts did I mention that the number of posts a poster had written, or the length of them, was the defining benchmark of the quality of the post?. Thats right, never!, and y...[/quote]

"damn newbies keep adding pointless threads like this one"

"The influx of new posters has IMO ruined these once superb boards"

You don''t need to nention the number of posts, it is implied by the term newbie, which you have brought up on more than one occasion in the past as a term of condesention. Bit rich you suggesting I might feel sheepish for charging in, gateau with double lard in fact. I don''t need to remind you when now do i? I would suggest that you charged in here to have a go at a new poster, who may have felt the Green speculation is yet again a hot topic,especially given Wenger''s comment THIS week.

Look, the point is, we are all new posters at some point, I have in fact read this board for a very long time but don''t often feel the need to post. I''ve felt as others clearly have that new posters are sometime ignored. I don''t mean to be impolite, but why do you think it''s your place to praise some newbies and not others or suggest they are an asset to the board. Some might think that''s patronising and a product of you thinking that because you''ve posted a 1000 times that makes you some kind of moderator. It does not.

I would rather not make personal comments or indeed fall out with you, this board would be duller without your chuntering ;-) However I feel you''ve forced my keyboard. Anyway, we''ve just gone 3:2 up and i don''t care about anything else right now!!!!! yes.