Sign in to follow this  
Bexley

Hartlepool officials blaming us for their fans being locked out on Saturday

[quote user="Magnificent Seven"]

you are still not getting it are you.

Fair play to City for playing so consistently well that you can sell more than the home capacity. BUT as far as I can recollect you are the only club in the League that shrinks its away end if it can. Others can increase on demand but everyone else has a fixed away end. Yours is listed in handbooks and websites as about 1,800. So there is no reason, in all probability, for any visiting fan in this Division to expect not to get in to a match that is not all-ticket for away fans.

Some of you have recognised that your ticket office AND the visiting club have a duty to disclose the possibility of shrinking the away end whilst the usual few continue on their ''we shouldn''t be in this Division with the oiks'' high horse. Its clear that you have to make the away end all-ticket for all remaining games offering incremental pay-up-front capacities to the visiting club.

[/quote]What part of "There is no away end" do you not grasp?

Fair play to City for playing so consistently well that you can sell more than the home capacity. BUT as far as I can recollect you are the only club in the League that shrinks its away end if it can. Others can increase on demand but everyone else has a fixed away end. Yours is listed in handbooks and websites as about 1,800. So there is no reason, in all probability, for any visiting fan in this Division to expect not to get in to a match that is not all-ticket for away fans.

Some of you have recognised that your ticket office AND the visiting club have a duty to disclose the possibility of shrinking the away end whilst the usual few continue on their ''we shouldn''t be in this Division with the oiks'' high horse. Its clear that you have to make the away end all-ticket for all remaining games offering incremental pay-up-front capacities to the visiting club.

[/quote]

You just aren''t getting it are you?

We sell out every week,

we offer away fans 2,000 as we''re obliged to do so,

the opposition club have to pay us for all tickets they''re given, perfectly within our rights to do so, we won''t want to be out of pocket because of empty seats that could be sold.

More often than not the opposition club decide on a number of tickets they want, usually in blocks of 500.

We then segregate home/away fans accordingly and sell the tickets not taken by the away club to home fans

This is common practice for clubs who sell out, it''s just nobody does in this league.

Hartlepool only wanted 450 or 500, the exact figure i''m not sure on, they sold the majority in their ticket office, returned the remainer to City to be sold on the day and said to their fans tickets were available on the gate, which they were,  but just the remainder of the allocation they had agreed on in the first place. Not our fault their fans made the trip stupidly without tickets bought in advance. I would have thought it''s normal to buy a ticket in advance.

This was posted on Wrath yesterday as a reply to an enquiry to our ticket office. Points 3 & 4 are intersting

The visiting club will advise us of how many tickets they expect to sell, we then advise on the allocation options and they then choose - typically this conversation would happen around a month before the match. Increasing this allocation in the final days leading to a match is extremely difficult (as per Brentford) as the extra tickets are likely to have been sold to home supporters.

2) Ticket revenues belong to the home club, money taken in ticket sales by the visiting club is paid to the home club.

3) Clubs can charge for unsold tickets in the Premier League but not in the Football League.

4) There were a small number of Hartlepool fans and larger number of Norwich fans who couldn''t get in on Saturday as we sold out leading up to kick off (home areas around 2pm and away seats at 3pm).

Magnificent7 we have never had this problem before as we are not used to such small opposition following. Unfortunately we do not have the same money that we can throw away that Mr Cowling has - every penny is vital. Are you also telling me that should Robbie get his wish and somehow sell out every week that your modern stadium cannot change the away capacity from 1900 stopping your own supporters buying tickets? A couple of weeks ago Hartlepool fans travelled to Charlton for a game that had been called of 2 days previous. Surely it is down to Hartlepool to advise their fans that they are only taking 450 tickets for a game. Our problem is we have almost 20000 season ticket holders

[/quote]

You''re an idiot. It''s got nothing to do with whether we should or shouldn''t be in this league and no-one has said that it does. It''s got everything to do with running the club in a way that brings in as much money as possible. The self proclaimed w****r Cowling hasn''t mastered this so I wouldn''t expect you to have done either.

It''s idiotic to travel for 6 hours when you don''t know if you''re going to get in or not. I''d be embarrased if it were me.