Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Faith in Lambert Thread.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Not raining on this parade and I hope that Lambert stays, and do think he will, it is interesting to compare quotes from Burnely earlier this week and stuff coming out of Norwich:

"There has been no discussion about our manager''s future and no contact from Bolton regarding Owen Coyle," a Burnley spokesman told BBC Radio Lancashire on Friday.

Coyle said on Thursday: "It is a fantastic job for someone but my focus is on doing the best against MK Dons this weekend. "I''ve had speculation time and again but I''ll focus on the job in hand."

"I feel very privileged to be manager of a wonderful football club," he said. "I think the players enjoy working for me, the fans like coming and we are trying to build something here."

So, maybe the morale of the story is don''t believe everything you hear coming out of a managers mouth, even if they area as wonderful as Lambert.

[/quote]

The difference is that Coyle never stated he wasn''t going, just that he is happy enough at Burnley he doesn''t get to go to Bolton. The above is the usual ''nothing to report yet'' guff, whereas Lambert is quoted as stating fairly categorically that he is not going aanywhere and that he doesn''t want to.