Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

THE CHIRP: Sullivan to Invest?

I can''t say fairer that than James - you sound like you have it in you to get to where you want to be.  A lot of people won''t try as hard as you and will put their lack of success down to bad luck, maybe.  The above post was to try to "encourage" you to reply to star, turns out you were writing a reply as I was writing my "encouragement" [:)] - I''m at a different stage of my life to you I think, a change of career would be hazardous to my mortgage and sports writers aren''t in that much demand in dereham - but thanks for the offer of advice.Best of luck in your future career.

You never know... some oil rich arab might take a fancy to dereham town... then you''d be right there ready with pen in hand! I thought it was too late for me too to change jobs but i think i was one of the few who got made redundant and thought, right, it''s time to do something i actually want to do rather than chasing after the biggest bonus. You can always do the odd bit of writing and send it into the local paper...It might get published you never know. However, i know that with a full time job etc finding time to do these kind of ''hobbies'' is hard.generally i used to finish work, cook dinner and then zonk out in front of the tv!   Anyway, this is just a blog i like to write. Hopefully people like reading it, if not then i guess they can ignore it... last month they certainly did! 19 reads... ouch!no matter.  :)