Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Will Lambo risk Skippy on Tuesday?

Rudd will start and Theo will be on the bench.

I only think Lambert hasn''t ruled him out because who knows what could happen!! Another injury, sending off and he is the only keeper we have! Steer = injured, Forster = Banned. only leaves Rudd and Theo!

Theo is far from being good enough in my opinion. I was watching him in the warm up before the Col U game and he didn''t impress me at all. Never caught the ball at his highest point, couldn''t hold the ball when Crichton was kicking balls straight at him. saved less than 50% of the shots the team took before they went in. Seemed far too casual the whole time. Typical Ozzie... Col U was a massive wake up for him that he needed. If he is ever to play for us again I want to see him prove his sport at a lower level, no howlers and clean sheets.

The answer to this fair question is not so easy as many have been making out. First of all, Lambert''s point-of-view today:

“Declan will come into the fray. Whether I go with him I''ll decide tomorrow,” said Lambert. Theoklitos is the other less likely option, his only senior appearance coming in the 7-1 home defeat by Lambert''s Colchester on the opening day of the season, but the manager believes he must forget that experience. “He''s got to be ready. That''s the thing - you can only have that in your head for so long,” said Lambert. “As I said to Michael, the seven goals weren''t all his fault. I saw them. You can''t blame Michael for the result, that''s for sure.”

If Lambert goes for Rudd and he let''s in goals, his confidence could be seriously damaged. He''s one for the future, but he''s only 18 after all. There is also obviously a risk for Theoklitos as well, but it is a lesser one, IMO. If he performs well, then City have three keeper options again. If he doesn''t, then Rudd gets the number 2 shirt.

It seems to me a more serious question what Lambert is going to do about the defence. With Nelson and Otsemobor out, he has to decide where Spillane plays. If it is at RB, then Doherty seems a better prospect at CB than Lappin, Drury or Stephens. If it''s at CB, then who plays at RB? Is this really the game to bring Rudd in for?

I think we should go:

-------------Rudd-------------

Spillane--Doc---Askou--Drury

For me thats the most sensible option, especially if your gonna go with a young keeper like Rudd, having an expierienced defense infront of him will be vital.

These are good points!

I would play Rudd in net, with Smith, Spillane, Askou, Drury in defence.

RB is a position Korey can play, and Spillane and Askou are still forming a partnership that I wouldn''t want to split.

Drury is a no brainer.