Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Did anybody see the smashed seats in the front row at Hartlepool?

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="northeastcanary"]I had the misfortune to be sitting on one! The guy next to me complained as the seats were broken before the game started and nothing was done. I spent the whole match crouching not daring to sit down! Not a pleasant experience![/quote]

Typical, there was me thinking our fans were animals but instead it was the Burnley supporters the previous Saturday. Looking on the bright side, at least Tango can rest easy now. You can stop writing that report to Mr David McNasty now Tango. Tea and a digestive perhaps ? Calm your nerves ?

[/quote]

Were you the tw*t I saw walking away with a blue seat at the end of the game? The utter idiots on here that think it''s fine to trash seats is a sad statement of our times. I had some thicko behind me who couldn''t utter a sentance without a liberal sprinkling of F**** . I sometimes wonder if all all these people were educated at EHS. Goodness, these fools even get to vote!!

[/quote]

Blimey, lighten up. Most of us on this thread were laughing at the very idea of Norwich fans being yobs like the Millwall fans. I''ve supported Norwich for many years. I go to a fair number of away games and I am always proud of how many of our fans turn up to away matches, how much noise they make, the humour they display and the LACK of really nasty aggression. I didn''t go to Hartlepool so I can''t comment at first hand but the thread made me laugh for two reasons - 1. Its silly pomposity and readiness to blame Norwich fans.....   and 2. the unlikelihood of Norwich fans destroying the seats. A subsequent poster who went to the match said the seats were already damaged.

[/quote]

So the City supporter walking along the length of the stand with a blue seat in his hand received it as an ''away supporter of the month'' award from the Pools'' officials I suppose.  The damaged seats on the front row were still connected to their supports so it wasn''t these. As you say, you weren''t there but that won''t stop you commenting.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="crafty canary"]I refer to EHS in a derogatory manner because its performance merits it. Your concern for the establishment suggests you have an association with the place. A former head boy perhaps? As for myself I was educated at Wymondham College, The University of London and the UEA and managed to avoid expulsion and rustication from them all. [:D][/quote]

Though technically, Wymondham College isn''t a place to be bragging about............[8-)]
[/quote]

I suggest you compare results of the two . In any case as I left Wymondham College 38 years ago I don''t think I''m too bothered.

[quote user="if I promise to behave"]It''s pity that those who have benefitted from a good education can''t see behind the stereotypes that condemn all children from a particular school as worthless. I[/quote]

Where have I condemned all the children that attend EHS? I am referring to its performance and that''s down to a combination of inadequate teaching, inadequate pupils and possibly inadequate facilities within the body of the school. Not all staff and pupils there will be poor, however the results do suggest that some of it is down to these factors. The huge absence rate reflects the attitude prevailing. I understand that the absence rate is now 20% which is the same as having no students present for one day a week, each week. You can''t teach people who are not there.