Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

bring back 'official moaner' badges

Lets be honest who would want to put their money into a club with so many whinging moron so called supporters! l went to a pre season game Curo missed a half chance and someone in front of me shouted ''get him orrff'' l could have whacked him! lst game of the season, ok we were crap, but all we heard was ''what a load of rubbish'' how do you think the players felt in what was the lst proper game at the club for many, thats really going to do their confidence the world of good. If we go l-0 down early in our next home game what do you think they will thinking? You have to remember that many of those players havnt played in front of 25000 expectant fans at a big club before, theyve been playing in front of 5000 at smaller clubs, l think a lot of them froze on the big occasion. Get behind the club or stay at home coz ld rather see 17000 fans there who care about the team. Protest on the website or after the game, we have had over the years the most critisising fans in the country, ready to gob off during a match if things arnt going to plan.

Now lm going to have my whinge on the web about our team, Hoolahan is a liability, he spins does a trick and loses it putting Drury under pressure all the time, Holt and Martin cant play together, play Cody or Jamie with Holt, Nelson is too slow not good enough, play Spillane or Askou, Adeyemi instead of Tudor -Jones. And lm sorry to say but Gunny please stand down with Butterworth because they are tactically naive, Bryan you wont be able to galvanise the team because they dont respect you. Come on down sir Ian Crook

Sorry mate, don''t agree with three of your points.

Hooly ran the show in the friendlies he played in but that was in central roll. Play him on the left and his effectiveness is diminished. Coaches fault(Trade Description Act?)

Please please don''t get me started on this ''blame the supporters bit'' Where on earth are you coming from. I have supported City for 55 years and when not playing football have regularly seen them home and away. Me having a damn good moan at them won''t effect them. Cheering them on certainly doesn''t seem to make a difference. So hard pants but I will continue to impart my great knowledge to my chums in the Upper Barclay.

Finally you can take back chippy from wence you found him. Look no further than the great players he has brought to the club.

All the best

A whinging moron

What suggests Ian Crook is less tactically naive than Butterworth and Gunn? Apart from the fact you''re in love with him.

Bring back Chippy.

It seems no one wants to put money into NCFC, or if they do, they don''t want Delia calling the shots about how it''s spent or how the club is run. While she holds the majority of the shares don''t expect any significant investment.

First game of the season and we hear what a load of rubbish! Well, unless you were either on another planet entirely, let''s perhaps concede that the majority of supporters there (excluding Col U fans) were in fact correct.

We had gone down 5-0 BY HALF TIME. We had just been relegated to a division most of us have no experience of (ie over 50 years ago). We had a sell out crowd, that fact alone an amazing example of how many supporters the club has.

Now Chippy, I don''t know what you think qualifies as rubbish, but a total no show (barring a few players) almost certainly does. A 2-0 defeat would have been bad enough, had we played as we did Saturday. Where was the team work, the passing, the cohesion, the thought, the leadership? Nothing evident and once Colchester woke up to the fact this would be their easiest victory of the season they were away.

Maybe some of the players hadn''t played in front of a large crowd before, in that case they had probably expected those with that experience to guide them (ie our senior players and not forgetting the management team, all of whom had played at a much higher level than we do today). Where was the guidance, the thought, the tactics?

Clueless the lot of them.

I am sure most of us will continue to support the team, we all sing and back them, but come on, how on earth can ANYONE congratulate or even support such a fiasco, words fail me.

You can call me a moaning whinger all you like - frankly I couldn''t care less. I have, like every other fan, every right to express my opinion after the complete and utter fiasco such was we witnessed on Saturday. To be honest I don''t think you could pay 17,000 fans to sit and watch anything akin to that ''game'' and show the support you would consider positive.

It''s time supporters sent direct messages to the club that enough is enough. Saturday was just another Charlton, it shows Gunn and co have learnt nothing and have nothing positive to give either. The sooner they are all relieved of their jobs the better. Those who still have faith in them must be diminishing by the hour.

As for the most "critical" fans in the country - you have to be joking. I would say we are one of the most long suffering. What other club would have put up with our record over the past 5 or so seasons. Indeed since Delia and co have been on the board. As someone said yesterday, San Siro to Somerset. Exactly.

As for the players you think are not up to it, again, merely symptoms of the disease. They may, or may not be good players, but with a management team completely incapable of getting any response from them, where can it lead? The question is Chippy, does Bryan go before we are faced with a second successive relegation battle?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Bring back Chippy. It seems no one wants to put money into NCFC, or if they do, they don''t want Delia calling the shots about how it''s spent or how the club is run. While she holds the majority of the shares don''t expect any significant investment. First game of the season and we hear what a load of rubbish! Well, unless you were either on another planet entirely, let''s perhaps concede that the majority of supporters there (excluding Col U fans) were in fact correct. We had gone down 5-0 BY HALF TIME. We had just been relegated to a division most of us have no experience of (ie over 50 years ago). We had a sell out crowd, that fact alone an amazing example of how many supporters the club has. Now Chippy, I don''t know what you think qualifies as rubbish, but a total no show (barring a few players) almost certainly does. A 2-0 defeat would have been bad enough, had we played as we did Saturday. Where was the team work, the passing, the cohesion, the thought, the leadership? Nothing evident and once Colchester woke up to the fact this would be their easiest victory of the season they were away. Maybe some of the players hadn''t played in front of a large crowd before, in that case they had probably expected those with that experience to guide them (ie our senior players and not forgetting the management team, all of whom had played at a much higher level than we do today). Where was the guidance, the thought, the tactics? Clueless the lot of them. I am sure most of us will continue to support the team, we all sing and back them, but come on, how on earth can ANYONE congratulate or even support such a fiasco, words fail me. You can call me a moaning whinger all you like - frankly I couldn''t care less. I have, like every other fan, every right to express my opinion after the complete and utter fiasco such was we witnessed on Saturday. To be honest I don''t think you could pay 17,000 fans to sit and watch anything akin to that ''game'' and show the support you would consider positive. It''s time supporters sent direct messages to the club that enough is enough. Saturday was just another Charlton, it shows Gunn and co have learnt nothing and have nothing positive to give either. The sooner they are all relieved of their jobs the better. Those who still have faith in them must be diminishing by the hour. As for the most "critical" fans in the country - you have to be joking. I would say we are one of the most long suffering. What other club would have put up with our record over the past 5 or so seasons. Indeed since Delia and co have been on the board. As someone said yesterday, San Siro to Somerset. Exactly. As for the players you think are not up to it, again, merely symptoms of the disease. They may, or may not be good players, but with a management team completely incapable of getting any response from them, where can it lead? The question is Chippy, does Bryan go before we are faced with a second successive relegation battle?[/quote]

Excellent post Gazza. There is every indication that we are totally unprepared for the reality of life in League One. This is a place for muck and nettles football, not pretty triangles, and whilst that is anathema to me as it will be to most fans, that is how low we have sunk. We now have to roll up our sleeves and scrap, getting hard fought 1-0 wins on mudheaps in the middle of November. We have lost the right to be aristocrats and now have to scrap against sides who will give us no time on the ball, and no respect. How Gunny and co could think that the likes of Matty Gill could cut it in this league sums up how out of touch they are, and now we hear that there are schisms within the management dream team itself. The omens could not be worse, but, hey, let''s have a pop at the fans to draw attention elsewhere...