Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Must try and sign Rickie Lambert

With the Clingan, Marshall, Russell money plus the rebates and along with the fact we aint spent anything we should come up with a million pounds to sign this guy.

He has around another 5 to 7 years in him and has scored around 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 in his last 4 seasons and also is a target man.

[quote user="ncfclad"]With the Clingan, Marshall, Russell money plus the rebates and along with the fact we aint spent anything we should come up with a million pounds to sign this guy. He has around another 5 to 7 years in him and has scored around 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 in his last 4 seasons and also is a target man.[/quote]

I agree but.........

The rebate money has probably already been spent and the fee''s for Russell and Clingan have already been accounted for.

I am really disillusioned with it all at the minute!

But we have spent money -Gunn has just so far chosen to spend it on wages and signing on fees.  I very much doubt there is anywhere near a million available, especially with Hughes and Whaley checking in.  I would say there is closer to 500K available for a striker and a couple of contracts for the trialists.

we will need a goalscorer to be in the hunt this season. Unfortunately I cannot see Cureton, Martin or Mcdonald getting 20 plus, maybe 10 to 15 but not more...

Surely there is enough money left from player sales, rebate money, saved wages, board members and season ticket sales.

We have to take some risk otherwise we could end up staying down in this league for a number of years.

Lambert just isn''t worth spending £1m+ on, i don''t think he''s capable of stepping up a level because he just isn''t mobile enough and at his age there is very little if any sell on value

[quote user="I am a Banana"]why not sign lita instead?[/quote]

hah! Good one...! You''re not being serious are you?? You talk as if it''s just a case of ringing him up and he''s ours!!

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]why not sign lita instead?[/quote]

hah! Good one...! You''re not being serious are you?? You talk as if it''s just a case of ringing him up and he''s ours!!

[/quote]Gunny "hey leroy fancy coming to play in league 1 for £5k a week"

Lita   " yer sure get the contract sorted and i will come a sign str8 away"      sorted lol

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Lambert just isn''t worth spending £1m+ on, i don''t think he''s capable of stepping up a level because he just isn''t mobile enough and at his age there is very little if any sell on value[/quote]God, you''re joking aren''t you??!! Rickie Lambert would totally complete our emerging squad, he would be a fantastic signing!! I''m sure you can''t have seen his goals, he is one of the best strikers of the ball in the game. I''m not kidding. Even if he does lack a bit of pace/mobility, he is a target man and his hold up play would be exactly what we need. Add Maric into the mix and select from Cody/Martin and you''ve got a fantastic strike force that I believe would do well at Championship level, let alone league one. How can you say he isn''t worth the money when he scored nearly 30 goals in the league we''re in last season?? Maybe we could send Cureton back to Rovers and get a swap deal on!!? That would work for me!