Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Well done, Gunny!

The signings so far would seem to be perfectly good ones given the position we''re in. Gill, Tudur-Jones and Nelson were all offered new contracts by their former clubs so are not rejects and Theoklitos seems OK for League One level.

Priority must now surely be a couple of effective strikers and a RM player. Without those I don''t see us scoring enough goals to be much more than mid to lower midtable.

Such a shame we are owned by money wasting incompetents.

[quote user="Salopian"]I think that the squad is already stronger than it was last year, with the four excellent signings, return of Martin and Spillane, signing of Cody and possibly a trialist - Nelson.

All this achieved with minimum outlay and, we hope, enough left in the kitty to sign a useful striker, which will probably be the key to success next season.

If they are still negotiating, and can come up with RB and LB as well, our confidence must be high.

Well done to the manager and his assistants!
[/quote]

Wish I shared your optimism, I have felt for the last 2 years that we had a chance of making the play offs but with the quality of players we are signing I can''t see anything other than a mid table finish. There''s far too many ifs buts and maybe''s about our squad for me, Martin and Spillane may have done ok in league 2 with Luton but there''s no guarantee they''ll come back and be any better than they were last time. Cody is totally unproven and he could be good but then he could just as easily be a flop. Some seem to think that Cureton will score more in this league but the goal is the same size whichever league you are in and I certainly wouldn''t put any money on him scoring regularly.

We still lack pace at the back which you need at any level, both Doc and Nelson would be far better alongside someone with pace but with them two together we''ll get ripped to pieces when we come up against teams with fast mobile strikers. Otsemebor will still fall asleep during games and is not good enough imo.

If by some miracle we manage to keep Wes and Clingan and sign a decent striker things could be different but I can''t see that happening, let''s hope I''m as wrong this year as I have been for the last two.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Stronger than last year , you are dead right , this squad will flourish in league 1 and we''ll be in the top spot come xmas.
[/quote]

That''s more like it loan, knew you would see sense one day.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Stronger than last year , you are dead right , this squad will flourish in league 1 and we''ll be in the top spot come xmas.[/quote]

[/quote] If only we had more supporters with enough sense to see all this cheap rubbish will lead to more seasons of misery , you wont be laughing once the season starts .One thing to look forward to only and thats Bryan Gunn getting his cards.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Stronger than last year , you are dead right , this squad will flourish in league 1 and we''ll be in the top spot come xmas.
[/quote]

[/quote] If only we had more supporters with enough sense to see all this cheap rubbish will lead to more seasons of misery , you wont be laughing once the season starts .One thing to look forward to only and thats Bryan Gunn getting his cards.
[/quote]

Repent! Repent before your soul finds eternal damnation!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Stronger than last year , you are dead right , this squad will flourish in league 1 and we''ll be in the top spot come xmas.[/quote]

[/quote] If only we had more supporters with enough sense to see all this cheap rubbish will lead to more seasons of misery , you wont be laughing once the season starts .One thing to look forward to only and thats Bryan Gunn getting his cards.[/quote]I like your attitude, recognising that there are issues at the club and we have lower resources than ever, but instead of carping you come up with insightful solutions and a real ''can do'' spirit. Watch out Tilly, I say.  

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gool old Moan City, never lets you down, never fails to disappoint, what you see is what you get ..............  moan, moan, moan,