Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

Sorry for the 'snide' comments Bryan, we're so sorry.

[quote user="NXCanary"]I''m sorry but I don''t really understand the point you are trying to make here, it was malicious of Roeder to sack Terry Postle and showed what a truly vicious little sh*t he was but how does this relate to people slagging Gunn off? He made mistakes, perhaps the biggest one was to take on such a difficult task in the first place but almost all managers, particularly inexperienced ones take on clubs in dissaray, it is the nature of the game. I''m not trying to apologise for his failings but I feel that Gunn gave it his all and came up short. It is the board not him that need the criticism. He didn''t do a Roeder and doesn''t deserve some of the criticism levelled at him.  [/quote]It was malicious and a mistake to sack Terry Postle..........................however the board and BG could have fixed the situation and welcomed him back, they didn''t (missing a great pr trick) because they were arrogant and selfish and not he family,friendly and community souls they pretend to be. TP knew more about and was a larger part of the dressing room and colney than any of the loanees and ''managers'' in recent times. So when the club turned to Bryan ''mr ncfc'' Gunn to take us back to the ''Norwich of old'' then he should have been honest and said he couldn''t do it. He should also have told the board that they were clueless and treated their most loyal servants appalingly over the years. BG kept silent over all the garbage managerial appointments, stupid signings and exiling of Norwich City greats over the years - Roberts, Mackay, Huckerby. If Bryan Gunn was a Norwich City great and hero, he would have stood up to be counted a long time before his managerial disaster - if he had, he would still be a Norwich City Hero, now he is the instigator of the start of his and our Clubs downfall.The board trying to get back to the ''Good old Norwich'' when it was the board that set light to it with a tea candle and a stack of lovely linen tablecloths from the brasserie.

[quote user="Scottlarock"][quote user="NXCanary"]I''m sorry but I don''t really understand the point you are trying to make here, it was malicious of Roeder to sack Terry Postle and showed what a truly vicious little sh*t he was but how does this relate to people slagging Gunn off? He made mistakes, perhaps the biggest one was to take on such a difficult task in the first place but almost all managers, particularly inexperienced ones take on clubs in dissaray, it is the nature of the game. I''m not trying to apologise for his failings but I feel that Gunn gave it his all and came up short. It is the board not him that need the criticism. He didn''t do a Roeder and doesn''t deserve some of the criticism levelled at him.  [/quote]

It was malicious and a mistake to sack Terry Postle..........................however the board and BG could have fixed the situation and welcomed him back, they didn''t (missing a great pr trick) because they were arrogant and selfish and not he family,friendly and community souls they pretend to be. TP knew more about and was a larger part of the dressing room and colney than any of the loanees and ''managers'' in recent times. So when the club turned to Bryan ''mr ncfc'' Gunn to take us back to the ''Norwich of old'' then he should have been honest and said he couldn''t do it. He should also have told the board that they were clueless and treated their most loyal servants appalingly over the years. BG kept silent over all the garbage managerial appointments, stupid signings and exiling of Norwich City greats over the years - Roberts, Mackay, Huckerby.

If Bryan Gunn was a Norwich City great and hero, he would have stood up to be counted a long time before his managerial disaster - if he had, he would still be a Norwich City Hero, now he is the instigator of the start of his and our Clubs downfall.

The board trying to get back to the ''Good old Norwich'' when it was the board that set light to it with a tea candle and a stack of lovely linen tablecloths from the brasserie.

[/quote]

I agree with some of what you say but to suggest Gunny is the instigator of the club''s downfall is massively overstating the case. The problems run so much deeper than him, the writing has been on the wall for the past three seasons and all of us were too hopeful that someone would come to our rescue to face up to the reality of the situation. Gunn believed he could do the job becuase despite his inexperience he knows the club better than almost anyone and he had sufficient expertise in his back room staff, it would appear that this was not the case and the current senior management team need to face up to that, this is not just Gunn''s fault.

I don''t know what the Terry Postle situation is, maybe he was approached and refused to return due to the way he was treated, maybe they didn''t want to sack the person they''d hired to replace him (after it''s not their fault that Postle was treated so poorly!) or maybe that person is working out their notice. However I don''t think it is fair to place the blame at Gunn''s door for that.

Having said all of that Terry Postle deserves our eternal gratitude for the work he has done for FONCY, hopefully we will see him reinstated soon!