Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Letter to Mr Doncaster re: beam-back Charlton request

I was one of the City fans who was unable to get tickets for the Charlton game due to the Club cocking up big time, so I emailed Mr Doncaster requesting a beam back for those who aren''t able to go to the game:

Dear Mr Doncaster,

As a disappointed supporter who was planning to purchase one of the "800 available tickets" for the crucial game next Sunday, I am very angry that the Club suddenly gave no warning and sold the tickets to fans who wrote applications after the deadline. What is the point of a deadline if people have requests accepted after the cut off point?

Browsing through various City related message boards, there are hundreds of calls for the game to be beamed back to Carrow Road so those disappointed fans (and others who weren''t able to go to The Valley in the first place) can see the game. I think this is a must for the club, so they can try to reimburse those fans, giving them the ability to watch the game in Norwich and obviously brings in a nice revenue for the Club.

Please Mr Doncaster, don''t let the fans down. If we are the best fans in the world, give us a chance to watch the biggest game in the Club''s history.

Many thanks for your time,

Matthew Rushbrooke

I got a reply today (I will not post it on here as I''m led to believe that''s not allowed and would get taken off) but he said the Club were in the process of considering this and hopes to arrange an alternative for the fans so they can watch it one way or another at Carrow Road.

Just thought I''d pass that on to you, hopefully the Club can do something to compensate us.

Thanks Mushroom - I guess it all depends on the results coming in from the weekend games (including ours on Monday) as to whether it''s important or not?

Update - Richard Gough emailed me as Doncaster copied him in on it. He apologised for the mess, but more importantly confirmed the Club were waiting for after the Reading once Sky have announced which two games they are covering.

An announcement should be made Tuesday afternoon/Wednesday.