Sign in to follow this  
Hooleyfan

What are we going to do with Jon?

I''d like to think it is down to confidence, but he was absolute pants tonight...nowhere to be seen in his defensive role and did very little with his few attempts to get things moving down the right side, consistently gave the ball away and looked like he didn''t really want to be there. He comes over as a bit of a lazy so and so and it worries me that we have little options in that right back position. Even Crofty looked like he was getting the hump with him after doing far too much defensive work in positions you would expect him to be and I saw Doc give him a right roasting too.

Can Gunny get more out of him?

I was a big fan of Jon, but what on earth is wrong with him at the moment? Tonight he looked like he just wasn''t with it. Looked totally uninterested and just didn''t appear to be concentrating. We''re lucky Damien Delaney can''t cross for Toffee as on another night we may have been exposed.

Was nice to see he finally put a tackle in after 40 minutes though, and my god was it a crunch. But we look bloody vulnerable with him there at the moment, something tells me he already knows he''s off elsewhere at the end of the season.