Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Peter Beagrie on Huddersfield

Saw this and it made mefeel depressed.

"I went down to Huddersfield the other day and I was so  impressed with the set-up; it would probably embarrass some teams in a higher division.

There is an incredible feel-good factor around the place. Lee Clark has brought in Terry McDermott, Derek Fazackerley and Paul Stephenson so there is a big Newcastle United influence, but it was noticeable how much the club is united behind the manager.

They have invested money (on Anthony Pilkington for example) and Lee has been given the chance to bring the players - and the backroom staff - that he wants. Sometimes when a club brings in a young manager he has to operate with his hands tied behind his back, but Huddersfield have really put their faith in Lee. They want to make sure he has no excuses and that they help him in whichever way they can. It''s a long time since Huddersfield made that sort of commitment and the new owner has made a great decision. The fans should be very excited about the direction the club is going in.

Lee was a good number two because of his personality, he''s a real fun-loving guy and an infectious character to have in the dressing room. So it was interesting when I interviewed him last week. Before the interview he was laughing and joking, but when the camera was turned on all of his media training kicked in and he was saying all of the right things in the right order. He realises there is a time and a place for concentration and he seems to have struck the balance very well."

Nice to see that a club that should have less money, has less support and an in-experienced management team is backed properly, and Lee seems alot happier there than he ever did here.

Theres a good chance that they will turn us over next season as i fully expect us to struggle. I especially love the part about young managers having their hands tied behind their backs when it comes to building a squad, and its a shame because Gunn will never be able to show us his true managerial nouse at this backwards club. Maybe he should look to jump ship to another huddersfield-like club if he gets the chance, we would surely struggle to attract anybody to the club if we stay up or not. Gunn has an impossible task on his hands anyway to keep the few good players we have left.

huddersfield do now have freedom to support a manager, and im glad that it is lee clark, as he is a very inteligent bloke who i always thought would succeed..but look at huddersfield in depth. in 02? they went into administration, and nearly folded completely, it was only after they had hit rock bottom, that they could start again and rebuild...so it could provide in insight into club structures and the turn around in fortunes.

[quote user="birdman"]

Was clark ever able to put his point across to the arrogant Roeder, I doubt it

[/quote]

Think he may have been the ''glue'' between Roeder and the players.  Its no coincidence our performances tailed off after he left.