Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

no one outside the club wanted the job

because of our financial status, poorly run infrastructure and leage position.. no one else wanted the job....hence the "old boys" came in...

have a think... if you were a manager out of work would you come near the club with the situation its in at the moment....?

jas :)

Yes they would - 25000 a week and premier league facilities.The truth is that nobody else was really considered, as soon as Gunn won on Saturday it was his.Wonder what they would have done if we had lost 4-0.[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

because of our financial status, poorly run infrastructure and leage position.. no one else wanted the job....hence the "old boys" came in...

have a think... if you were a manager out of work would you come near the club with the situation its in at the moment....?

[/quote]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Yes they would - 25000 a week and premier league facilities.

The truth is that nobody else was really considered, as soon as Gunn won on Saturday it was his.

Wonder what they would have done if we had lost 4-0.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote][/quote]

we haven''t got premiership facilities.. we just have better facilities than most other clubs in the division.. take a look at most premiership sides training grounds and Colney is laughable by comparison.

[/quote]

i agree to some extent. but there were still better options then gunn we could have got

[/quote]

Dowie said he''d be interested, so did Ince''s agent. So I think Gunn and Crook won out because they both bleed yellow and green (makes me wonder if they''re aliens!) and the club didn''t trust anyone else in case they brought in unpopular methods/ bad p.r. like the last two gaffers.

I think Crook will do a magnificent job as coach, leave the public face to Gunny, should work well.

[/quote]

Dowie said he''d be interested, so did Ince''s agent. So I think Gunn and Crook won out because they both bleed yellow and green (makes me wonder if they''re aliens!) and the club didn''t trust anyone else in case they brought in unpopular methods/ bad p.r. like the last two gaffers.

I think Crook will do a magnificent job as coach, leave the public face to Gunny, should work well.