Sign in to follow this  
Chocolatebuttons

Youngsters

I keep thinking this - but then Roeder "found" this kid when he was at Wet Sham and the lot at Norwich were found by other people!  And most are already close to 19 / 20 anyway so hardly youngsters. 

[quote user="Chocolatebuttons"]

how come charlton play a 16 year old against us last game and he scores, why cant Roeder take the risk and maybe it will come off.

Any ideas?

[/quote]because the 16 year old you are referring to is already an extremely good player and if he continues his development in the same vein he''s bound for the premiership sooner rather then later... of course every fan dreams of a youngster coming through but how many do you not hear about after 1 or 2 years...plenty. It''s been said many times before ''If you''re good enough, you''re older enough''...unfortunately the same applies on the flipside ''if you''re not good enough, it doesn''t matter how old you are''.

Plus look at the last generation of youth to come through - Jarvis brothers - league 2 if i''m right?, Henderson - recently let go by northampton after having not scored in 33 games (mainly played as a striker), Martin - decided to get fat, lazy & cocky by all account.

i''d rather have them all out on loan to be honest, playing regularly.

I agree with Neil Adams argument on the subject, there is no point putting players in before they are ready as it could knock their confidence. Eg Robert Eagle (who may or may not have been promising) who just got booed. Norwich do not have any young players ready at this point. Players like Rooney, Bale, Shelvey, bellamy are were and are and were all exceptional talents for their age and that is why they are put in. Shelvey also looks about 30 too so maybe the manager didnt know how old he was