Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Now I don't say much.........

....but I feel since it''s the 1st time I''ve switched my computer on in quite a while, I feel I should post. Like everyone else with Yella ''n'' Green running through their veins, I am wetting myself with excitement at the upcoming season. The last 3 months or so, have been some what consumed by constant speculation about every single player joining our glorious club. However only a handful of these have actually joined, and after the events of the last 30 mins (in which I''ve watched the rumours on this board be updated!) I am firmly of the mind that we are a Central Defender (Mr Primus) away from being 110% ready for the challenge thats lays ahead of us. Bentley, Gallacher, Helveg, Charlton, Safri and Jonsson; all players with the qualities to help us stay in the Promise Land (some more than others though!)
With the players and more importantly, the spirit we had from last season, I feel it is well within our reach to survive this season. However, we, as fans, need to play our part more than ever before. Using Pompey fans as an example, from their FA Cup game with Arsenal, where they are losing 5-0, but their fans are singing their hearts out and making more noise than they probably would if they were winning 5-0! My point is simple, it shouldn''t matter where we go, who we play, next year we should ALL, sing from start to finish and get behind the lads 110%-ALL GAME, EVERY GAME. Yes we will go through some tough periods, but that shouldn''t mean we go quiet, boo or moan. The more we get behind them, the more it will lift them.
They need us as much as we need them. So SING YOUR HEARTS OUT FOR THE LADS
ON THE BALL CITY!!!!

Well said Kent. I think we may need a sense of humour next season as well. It is going to be hard but I would rather finish 4th from bottom in the Prem than top of Div 1 any day. (Although obviously we HAD to finish top of Div 1 in the first place.)

A truly inpsiring post. Just imagine yourself on the pitch, and you hear a crowd raring you on. Must be an amazing feeling. We need to give the lads all the help we can, and I for one will be singing my heart out for the lads! PS. Jonson, what a great signing! I wonder how much we went over our original transfer record for him?

Absoluetly agree, and rest assured that all the Aussie based city fans will be cheering the boys on all the way to securing safety from relegation.

All the lads over here believe we will head straight down so I am personally looking forward to sticking it up them when we stay up. We will suprise alot of people this year.

GO THE CANARIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well said kent

i am sure most of us will agree with you and no we don''t expect to win the league this year lol

but we will all have some fun and i tell you what, i went past a billboard the other day advertising the new "coca cola championship"

and we weren''t on there!!!

nice to see ipswich and wolves were though he he

i for one will sing my heart out, whatever the result, and yes, pompey fans are amongst the best in all leagues - but we can show them a thing or two i reckon