Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Offsides

I noticed at Peterborough that we have continued from last season and are getting continuously caught out. It is a basic thing that they need training on IMO. Especially as the premier league defenders are bound to be aware of it and will use it to their advantage.

Have a look at Huck''s career record - he is notoriously bad at getting caught offside! I think a lot of it is to do with attacking with pace - it''s a gamble you take, sometimes the offsides given are very dubious once seen again!

Not just him and if you look at the stats even before he arrived we have been poor in this dept for a long time

Yeah, I don''t get why we''re so bad at that. It seems to be a hangover from Iwan who had to lurk very close to being offside because of his lack of pace, and frequently went off. But with Hucks, McKenzie and so on, there''s enough pace there for them to stay onside and still have a good go at a ball through the channels. Otherwise its just a free-kick to the opposition and we''re back on the defensive!