Sign in to follow this  
Irish canary

Missing a hero!

What the current Norwich City team need is a new hero among the ranks!! There were always a few about who could be relied onto to dig us out of a jam, obviously the most recent being Huckerby!! What a legend, (It was nice having ashton to score goals too!!) and before that Iwan Roberts and going back it gets easier with the likes of sutton and fox etc.... Now there is no one to look too for that bit of magic or influence, someone who has no fear and will just do the business! Sometimes I think Crofty is the man to step up but I dont know! Sorry im just going reminissing now, but this board is gone so boring lately when every single post is about sacking the board or roeder and how bad we are doing!!  Im just sick of this!

Sorry if im stating the obvious here and venting! Im just depressed that we no longer have a Huckerby or someone to rely on to give us something to cheer about!!

If anyone else is awake and on nightshift, thanks for listening [B] [|-)]

haha well enjoy ur night shift mate.....Im out in korea so day time now...Obviously being out here ive only managed the 2 SKY games for this season.....but what  i would say is that we dont need A leader we need 3.Any successful team needs a strong spine.....Leader at CB (taylor would have been perfect)Drive and passion in midfield (Clingan seems classy but much like doc is not a natural leader)Someone to be relied upon up front (potentially Lita, but like u mentioned the players are more often bigger guys such as iwan or sutton)....Oh and to top it off a GK that commands his area which takes a HUGE pressure of the back 4.We dont have that gk. We dont have the CB or MF or forward.In an ideal world the CB,CM,CF are the 3 main buys for january but of course we probably cant afford to do that.The side needs a strong spine and amongst that strong spine the rest of the players need a backbone. WE are not in a position to be hiding away on the pitch......yes we have the potential to play some nice stuff but first and foremost in our position we have got to fight for every second ball, pressure higher up the pitch and move for each other off the ball (im constantly amazed at a professional footballers inability to run off the ball).Looking at everything surrounding this club at the moment is depressing and we really are relying on having 3 sides worse than us to stay up (i think its possible but if charlton have a few quid to spend or if southampton continue to pick up points then we are dropping).  HAving said all that my city flag is still hanging off the balcony confusing the poor koreans that have only heard of United. OTBC

Ha Ha great post 6088M canary! Im sure your balcony is causing plenty of confusion alright!!

Totally agree with a lot of your points there! It is completely a team game, iv just been on youtube reminissing is all!! Like yourself apart from highlights iv only seen the sky games as im in Dublin. Our defence is my biggest concern, Taylor was badly needed at the back alright, we are so lite here and are terrible from set pieces!! we are too lightweight and young (not Doc completely the opposite actually!) Clingan was a great find IMO, class player lots of grit and determination, a real worker but with an end product, maybe not a leader but i have not really thought about it, Doc im not a big fan of but seems to of sdone a job for us quite a few times. Lita is good alright, but needs the right mix in a partner, im a fan of hoolahan given time - but playing in th right position!

Marshall is a great shot stopper, but maybe need a little bit of work on the rest of his game!

On paper with croft, bell, hollahan clingan i still think there is potential there to be brought out, but like you say, 3 important players are missing!