Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Sunday Times - Premiership "Guide"

Did anyone see this rubbish? I bought the paper because of this thinking it would have some good interesting in depth sports journalism. I was also excited by the fact that i can look at all the usual pre-season premiership preview stuff and see us in there. I needn''t have been.
A couple of articles about chelsea man u and arsenal, a half interesting article by gareth southgate about defending against your henrys drogbas and sahas and then the most pathetic club by club summary and "prediction", alongside "cartoon character that club represents". Wow! Genius! I could have drawn this "guide" up in half an hour.
Obviously it didn''t help that we were Bambi "ripe for slaughter" and predicted to finish not just bottom three but bottom of the whole pile but they could have backed this up with something.
Instead they had best and worst team - our worst team included players that should never be there. Ian Butterworth was one, Spencer Prior, Jamie Cureton - ok no world beaters but never candidates for our worst players. We''ve played that game on here often enough and we can all think of a lot worse. No sign of Raymond De Waard!

Sports journalism at its worst - poorly researched, half a**ed rubbish. Expected more from a supposed decent paper. Far more reasoned and worthy comments in the red tops.
Gets my goat!

I know, I''ve barely found a single review yet that really understood the nature (or even the players) of our team. We might not stay up, but at least I''d like to read meaningful analysis of why that might be, rather than ill-founded generalisms. With the Archant group being (understandably) so pro-Norwich and supporters all round obviously biased, its hard to find a balanced review.

Mind you, it was always like this. Last year was just as bad, there''s just more of it now. Expect lots of crappy Delia puns, lots of misinformed tripe and factual errors (apparently, according to the BBC, Curtis Fleming has a good game for us against Mallorca!).

Don''t we just enjoy feeding on this patronising rubbish though!

A good post A1, I totally agree with you. Although as a lover of animated films, I feel it should be pointed out to these pond life, that Bambi became a King of the forest.

Maybe an omen, yes?.

i hope so - i''ve since seen that a thread on this has already been started "bambi", where someone else pointed out what happened to bambi.

so indeed, an omen!

The Premiership season preview in yesterday''s Guardian was slightly surreal. You do sometimes wonder if these journalists ever get out of their London offices and experience the real world.

Here is the Norwich section:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1276933,00.html

You puzzle me LCFC. You are of no consequence to us, why are you here? We''re not Forest, we''re not Derby, you''re not even in the same league as us, and that''s not just in football! Why choose to come on an NCFC board? Do you have a such an empty life that you have to fill it coming on here? Can''t you talk to your own fans?

FYI, the guide was poorly researched and only featured the top three clubs in any detail. Being from a smaller club yourself, you should understand that you would have got the same treatment if you were in the Premiership. Clearly you don''t understand that however, so perhaps you should try using your spare time getting educated rather than coming on here and displaying your mental and social deficiencies to us all.

Last time we were "dead certs" for the drop in the Premier League, little Mark Robbins jumped off the bench and put two into the Clock End at Highbury to make it 4-2 and set up our most successful ever season in over 100 years of our history.

Pre-Season predictions, like pre-season friendlies, must be taken with a hefty pinch of Delia''s table salt...

Oh how we used to enjoy baiting Allen Hanson at Carrow Road. Let''s hope we can rip into him and his cronies again...

Bring it on!

LCFC, ever tried posting on you own teams site? I can understand you maybe wanting to post at a more high brow forum but you really should stick to your own club! have you eaten that humble pie yet? I guess it doesn''t taste too good?