Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Calling all you lasses...

Please guys (gals really), are any of you going to have a go at writing for Bird''s Eye View? Variety really is the spice of life and I know Peter is keen to receive contributions from all of you about anything vaguely footie-related!?! I know finding the time might be a problem, but even little snippets would be good. Over to you, Kathy, gazza, cityangel, and co. (Sorry if I can''t remember more of your names. Having just written an article my brain isn''t functioning too well!)

i know, i know, i am just so busy at the moment, what with moving house, jobs etc

will try and get down to it sometime this week, think i have a subject ready, just finding the words (and keeping it relatively clean!)

That''s the spirit! Kathy and I have been feeling a little bit lonely for a while, so it would be great to have more shipmates on board.

August isnt a very good month for me. I am buried under a mountain of Canary Challenges and NCISA membership renewals at the moment. Once they are out of the way I will try and come up with some pearls of wisdom, although I have to say I think you are doing a great job Susie without the rest of us.

Thank you Kathy for your kind words. I can assure you that your input is much needed though. (How long do you think it will be before we manage to break into that male bastion that is the Pink ''Un paper? Will we ever make it and strike a blow for female fans everywhere?)

im afraid i dont read th eedp on tuesday, i do on monday thou!

you need permotion Kathy

so i can read your bit on monday!

Here''s what Kathy said:

EDP, August 17, 2004 - FAN FORUM: The first of a weekly column which allows a panel of Norwich City supporters to have their say on how things are going

What did you make of the performance:
The feeling afterwards was of two points dropped rather than one gained. However, I think City did well overall. The new players were steady rather than spectacular and they can only improve as they get used to playing with each other. I thought the officials didn’t give us much. There were several dodgy offside flags, especially the one immediately before Palace equalised. If this fixture was the six-pointer everyone was talking about it was a bad result. However, I don’t believe Palace, any more than City, will necessarily turn out to be the whipping boys of the Premiership. In Wayne Routledge they have an outstanding talent.

Was 1-1 a fair reflection of the game?
No. I think City shaded it.

City man-of-the-match:
Darren Huckerby. He was by far the best player on the pitch on Saturday.

Plus points:
Green’s saves. He will surely retain his place despite having two quality keepers behind him.

Minuses:
The inability to beat a side who we might be in a relegation battle with later on in the season.

Side for Old Trafford:
As at the weekend except McKenzie for Svensson.

Potential centre-back and centre-forward targets?
I will probably get slated for this but I would bring back Darren Kenton. He is not getting regular football at Southampton and he always looked a class act when he played for us. My first choice for a new centre-forward, Peter Crouch, has gone to Southampton. In the price bracket we could afford I would go for Marlon Harewood. He’s a big strong player who scores lots of goals.

Kathy,
Whats the secret of getting asked to give comments in the EDP and be asked to pick the team in the EEN on Fridays? I often wonder how these people get selected.

I know this is probably not the place to post this note of praise but what the hell it is connected with the "Calling all you lasses...." thread line.

Wanted to pass on my praise for "City Babes" writing in the Birds Eye View column. I''ve just read the Three Pigs of Premierville article and it''s a good job I''m in my home office on my own or my family would wonder what the hell I was laughing at.

"City Babe" you''re a wee gem ;-)

City Angel - The EDP just phoned me up and asked me. Peter says its because they wanted someone from NCISA but I think they wanted a female in there as well .''m sure if you wanted to do something like that you could make yourself known to the Sports department. I think they are always on the lookout for different people.

You will find you have to tone things down a bit. On here I can get away with saying ''The ref was a complete t**t but in the EDP I have to say things like ''The officials were poor and made some indifferent decisions'' !