Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME

Did you see what city were like against Coventry last night after Crouch and Huckerby were subsistuted. I hope the damn board did!. because thats what it''ll be like, week after week, if we don''t sign them now.

OK, I thought the ref was a joke (Although I''m not laughing) but why can''t NW switch tatics to counter the ageing GM total control of the pitch, or have a defender on the bench?.

I don''t care about being top in November, howevere I DO care about another 2 points being dropped yet AGAIN.

Promotion under Worthy, don''t make me laugh!.

To be fair to Roberts and Jarvis they both came on after the dismissal of Malky which left us with a midfield of McVeigh, Mullers and Henderson.

Even with a full compliment the service to Crouch and Hucks had been poor so for Iwan to have no impact was not a surprise and I doubt whether Hucks and Crouch would have done so given a lightweight 3 man midfield.

All of which reinforces then need of a defensive player on the bench - it was only a matter of time before we had a sending off or injury to catch us short - fortunately last night it did not cost us a point.

However we did have Iwan against Watford and that really did support the point you made - he was toothless and consistently gives away too many free kicks when challenging in the air. The legend is now a liability and our season will end in mid table misery if he becomes out strike leader from mid december...

OTBC

Are you suggesting Huckerby had a good game? he was terrible last night, would you pay £20,000 for that performance.
The reason Jarvis & Roberts were brought on is because we were down to ten men and needed to give the Coventry defenders something different to think about. I know it did not work but the most fundamental thing for me is the exclusion of Mulryne, he needs to be playing week in week out but Worthy won''t drop Holt or Francis and I''m affraid I can''t see it changing until one or the other gets injured.

As I have said on another post Hucks had his worst game in a city shirt he lacked committment and any ability to vary his play. His predictability meant that Coventry having done their homework were quite comfortably able to contain him. He played like an individual coming towards the end of his time at the club rather than a player keen for a contract. His performance was not worth 20k but we know he can do better - I do not know that about Iwan any more.

Has anybody considered that the decision about the loanees has already been made if Norwich are not signing Huck or any of them this isnt going to make them feel very motivated to do well, this would also affect the other players as both Green and Mc Veigh have publicly stated what a buzz there has been around the club since the loanees arrived and the team spirit has been good, so if that is now set to end they must feel as let down as the supporters no doubt will when the impending bad news breaks .

your right..
ive seen darren play at every club he''s been to and last night was the
worst game ive seen him have..
but you could tell after the match he had a bad one..
he just wants both clubs to sort something out...

Sorry about last night''s game Scott - it would have been nice for you to have seen them all in blistering form (especially Darren) but it just wasn''t to be.

Let''s hope Man City, Darren and our board are all on roughly the same wavelength, then hopefully we will have something sorted before too long...

I am with you, Ever time NW starts to win me over he either bottles out of decisions or he is not able to make them. At half time last night I thought Francis was having a bad game, And despite Henderson scoring as an attacker he was having a stinker. NW should have replaced Francis with Mulrynne and Henderson with Rivers.
However because Henderson had scored we all know he will play Saturday. Then just to make matters worse he replaces two possible match winners with Roberts (who despite being a great servant for the club is now past it) and Jarvis, who has talent, but needs to be played when we have already won games.
Promotion under Worthy no chance despite this league being there for the taking.