Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Republic Of Ireland (inc. Hoolahan) against Nottingham Forest...?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

How very random. Why would forest want more games heaped onto them...

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1403738,00.html

[/quote]

As well as being a supporter of Colchester United AND Lincoln City I am also a full on supporter of the Republic of Ireland which if anyone thinks about it between them  takes Glory Hunting to a previously unknown level.

However I am a very proud Irish citizen - and my only passport is issued by Dublin - and when I eventually leave this mortal coil I won''t be buried in Essex but in Co Kerry where resides the greatest Gaelic football County team in the business!

A month ago a Football League Circular sent to all Championship clubs included two organisations asking for games. 

The hapless Football Association of Ireland (note to Web Team Pete: this is distinct from the "Northern Irish FA") asked for contact from any club wanting a game on October 9 and "prepared to offer a strong, and preferably, first team against a Republic of Ireland XI, all costs and accommodations to be provided  by the Football Association of Ireland with the Match Officials to be appointed by FIFA."

For whatever reason us hapless Irish have chosen Nottingham Forest on an International break day when none of you have a fixture.

In the same Circular, Southend United Reserves were looking for an away friendly in the "week beginning October 6th - First XI squad/Reserves plus no more than four Youth players either as players or substitutes"

You snapped up Southend United while Notts Forest apparently snapped up  the Republic of  Ireland.

No idea, chaps.  For example, Bolton Reserves were looking for an away game in the same Circular and got snapped up by Accrington Stanley Reserves if it is possible to be snapped up by Accrington Stanley Reserves. [:|]

Funny old game, particularly in Ireland [:$]