Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Crouch offer / Kenton unhappy

I have just read a report which suggested Norwich made an offer for Crouch but it was turned down by Villa as they said it was not enough. If the report is true, and was initiated by Villa themselves, it gives me a bit more confidence that our board are trying their hardest to bring the right players to the club.

I have also heard a rumour that Kenton is not happy at Southampton, which is not surprising as he hasn''t played for the first team yet. If Worthy is looking for defensive cover then why don''t we try and get him back here again, possibly on loan. We could partner him in central defence with Shackell and then we really would have a formidable back four. I know I''m only dreaming but wouldn''t it be nice if some of your dreams actually came true.

I know there has been a lot of anger aimed at the board but I''m sure they are trying their absolute hardest to bring these players in perminantly. Everybody is saying they are ''lacking ambition'', but they certanly weren''t when they originally paid out to bring Hucks, Crouch and Harper in. I''m sure they want to bring in these players as much as the fans do and would do in am instant if they had the cash. But at the end of the day we just haven''t.

As regards to Kents it would be amazing to have him back, even on loan but I''m afraid I can''t see it happening at all. I read a couple of months ago that he had a nightmare pre-season and got one injury after the other (Bit like Brennan) which just hasn''t shifted. That was why he hasn''t got any games. Also, look at it from his point of view: It''s a bit of a backwards step, to come back to the club you left only 6 months ago in the 1st Division? We can but hope though. A Shackell/Kents or Flem/Kents back 2 would be unbeatable!

Kenton will NOT comeback since he want to play in the Premiership, also he had different ideas with Nigel always...