Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

What happened to Sibierski?

Was just wondering what had happened to him - for me he was one of the better links for the striker''s role, but there''s been no whisper for some time; it was back in June Sky reported that Wigan were happy to let him go for a free transfer, per http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3739595,00.html ; there''s been not a lot about him since, though.

I did see that he had played as sub in a pre-season game for them, and has a sub appearance for them this time out......perhaps they have changed their minds? 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Was just wondering what had happened to him - for me he was one of the better links for the striker''s role, but there''s been no whisper for some time; it was back in June Sky reported that Wigan were happy to let him go for a free transfer, per http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3739595,00.html ; there''s been not a lot about him since, though.

I did see that he had played as sub in a pre-season game for them, and has a sub appearance for them this time out......perhaps they have changed their minds? 

[/quote]he is a free agent...and would do until we get iverson in jan (hopefully)...and what a great back up just in case...perfect get on the phone GR...

If he is on a free though, I''m sure something could be arranged.   I could have sworn that someone posted a while ago that Roeder had said we might sign him if/when he got fit....perhaps I was dreaming?!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]he is a free agent...and would do until we get iverson in jan (hopefully)...and what a great back up just in case...perfect get on the phone GR...[/quote]

No. For your information, he is still under contract at Wigan.

I don''t think he featured in the cup game the other night, which you would think he would''ve were he in Bruces plans.

Get him here on a 6month loan or contract.

i think however that if we were able to mov for him we would''ve.which is a bit ghey.

Sibierski would be a better bet than any of the other players we''ve been linked with - were it not for his age. A good solid pro, who always puts his heart in. When it seemed like the whole Newcastle team had given up on football a few years ago, he was the only one who played with passion for a while.